Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Where Did You Go With Your FJ Today?

598K views 5K replies 707 participants last post by  Kaiju 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread is only for what you did "WITH" your FJ today.
Please use the other thread for what you did "TO" your FJ today.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...53-what-did-you-do-your-fj-cruiser-today.html

Took the Shiba`s on a mission to PetSmart. Stopped at Famous Daves for take out. It was to cold for tailgating so we dined in the FJ...

here they are waiting for their lunch...:lol:

check out the expression on Nikko`s face, hahahaha

See less See more
#2,775 ·
Chestnut Mountain Road in NC / Camping / Cabin

That bear just wanted a ride! Why didn't you open the door!? :rofl: Seriously though, great photo, and it looked like you had an amazing weekend! Thanks for sharing!

#2,776 ·
I expected to see a lot more people out on the trails down in Moab over the long holiday weekend; I almost didn't even go out of fear of it being over-crowded... where was everyone?? I ran 4 or 5 mellow trails with the dogs and never saw a single vehicle other than parked at a few dispersed campsites. At least I know what area to head to when it's extra busy!

#2,782 · (Edited)
Now that the swelling has gone down and I can see out of both eyes...

I took the pooch out for a run in the desert. She had lots of fun. Then I tested out a new 9mm load. The last two times I had started on the low side of the powder charge and things didn’t function. Now I have it.

She is tired now and ready for her morning nap.

Attachments

#2,783 · (Edited)
Have to pick up someone from LA Union Station at 4:00 am. And while waiting, took a snapshot of my rig using my phone. Feels great seeing my rig in different places from different perspective. I bet the rest feel the same too.

Untitled by Ramon Flores, on Flickr

Untitled by Ramon Flores, on Flickr

#2,784 ·
I drove off-road for the first time (a couple days ago). I got stuck in a creek, the gate keeper got me! My husband says the picture doesn't do it justice, he had to give me a tiny tug to get me out. If I went forward my bumper was buried in mud and if I reversed my bumper got buried in mud. We didn't get to do the whole thing because the second creek was much, much wider and deeper than usual. I tried to walk across it to see how deep/if we should risk it but I wasn't even half way and it was already up to my chest- I'm 5'11"!

I had a blast and I cannot wait 10 more days when I go camping up in PA and spend a couple days wheeling at Rauch Creek :smile

You can see me hanging out the window cheering after I got tugged out.

Attachments

#2,785 · (Edited)
I took a drive to Durango Colorado to have lunch with an old friend. The group of friends were going to ride the train, but it is closed due to a wildfire north of town towards Silverton. There was a Chinook water bomber flying over.

Highway 550 is closed. My friend had to divert to Telluride then towards Cortez and across.

I took my dog and she had a great time splashing in the river and got to sit with us outside at the BBQ joint.

#2,786 ·
I took a drive to Durango Colorado to have lunch with an old friend. The group of friends were going to ride the train, but it is closed due to a wildfire north of town towards Silverton. There was a Chinook water bomber flying over.

Highway 550 is closed. My friend had to divert to Telluride then towards Cortez and across.
I saw that on the news this weekend. @FJX2000 was working on the train and got stuck in Silverton for a day or two. Curious to know if they determined the cause yet.

#2,790 ·
Re: What did you do TO your FJ Cruiser TODAY?

Did the Slickrock trail...

Attachments

#2,792 ·
Wednesday actually. Ran Barlow Road, all but the last section. Took the exit at Rd 4850.

Hwy 26 > Rd 43 > Barlow Road (Rd 3530) > Rd 4850 > Rd 48 > Hwy 35 > Hwy 26 and home

Video is 19 minutes long. It was a long ride and I'm still getting the hang of shortening up the videos.

At 13 minutes we had to go around a log blocking the road. Too big for us and our chainsaw :grin We did get to try it out though. Works great.

Road is a little different but not much worse than last year.

Running the GoPro remote from my iPhone
Vehicle Car Windshield Automotive exterior Mode of transport

Second White River Bridge. The others are on Hwy35 and Rd 43. We started at the 43 bridge
Body of water Water Water resources Nature Watercourse

Nature Natural landscape Wilderness River Tree

Forest Creek bridge at Forest Creek Forest Camp (the next 7 images)
Trail Off-roading Automotive tire Vehicle Tire

Natural environment Nature reserve Vegetation Wilderness Water resources

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Toyota fj cruiser Off-roading

Forest Creek Forest Camp. Good gravel road (4885) from Rd 48 (paved)
Tree Nature Natural landscape Nature reserve Old-growth forest

Natural environment Wilderness Tree Forest Trail

Natural environment Tree Forest Trail Wilderness

Had to break trail through the woods to bypass this one.
Bigtree Tree Vehicle Off-roading Car

#2,797 ·
Last week, trip up Still Creek Rd. Just getting around to editing videos.

No hazards you say?

Camera was off and missed the two pickups 'racing'. The second one couldn't see me for the dust from the first. Luckily I had a spot to dive off the one laner. :frown

#2,800 ·
Tried 1/4 mile first time ever. Missed 3rd gear and something else, but got the results:
ET : 15,930 s
SP : 137,20 kmh
RT : 1,154 s
60ft: 2,367 s
330ft: 6,631 s
660ft: 10,084 s
990ft: 13,167 s

Attachments

#2,811 ·
Explored National and State Parks in the Grand Canyon area.

Attachments

#2,812 ·
Ha who says a FJ on 33s can not run the Rubicon . I did however grind a little off my rear bumper . What a awesome weekend .

Attachments

#2,816 ·
I am not sure i would say its paved lol. It is tuff for sure . I was taking inventory yesterday of my new battle scars . i got one of the little bars that cover the Cats pretty good . My FJToyman shock skids have been doing there job well , and the bottom side of my rear bumper . The Bumpers do not bother me since they will be replaced . The Cat protector bar . That one is on me . I was on the granite slabs and there are A lot of ledges that you drop off of . I think i glanced back to make sure Mia was ok and SLAM !!! i did not even see that i was going off about a good 2 foot plus drop , it was bigger on the drivers side . That one woke me up .

My plan is to go a little Bigger on tire size , a beefier Rear axle and a Atlas t-case . I was going to run a Marlin t-case . but i am just not ok with giving up some of my Fuel tank as it is now i have to pay attention to were gas stations are .

#2,819 ·
I finally got to go offroading today. I haven`t been since I got the shocks rebuilt and the new LCAs installed. I`ve had so much stuff to do at my house I`ve been putting it off. Today I said I wasn`t going to do anything at home and I`m going offroading :) Just did a easy trail to make sure nothing came loose. It didn`t. Had a great time. Here are a few pictures.

Off-roading Automotive exterior Vehicle Road Tree

Geological phenomenon Trail Tree Soil Forest

Nature reserve Rock Watercourse Boulder Wilderness

Automotive tire Vehicle Off-roading Trail Car