Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

When will Toyota announce the 2014 FJ?

27K views 45 replies 28 participants last post by  BoSox 
#1 ·
I ask the question because Subaru is already advertising the 2014 Forester on their website. Seems early to me. When do car manufacturers typically advertise for the next year?

It's the first thing you see on the Canadian website.

See less See more
#3 ·
It's not that early. The FJ was advertised as an '07 and started selling about this time in '06.

#5 ·
I imagine they will announce them in the summer.

I work for a chrysler/dodge/jeep/ram dealership and we already have 2014 grand cherokee's and compass's on our lot. The grand cherokee is early (2013 was only a 6 month production) but usually we start to see the next model year in july-august.

#36 ·
#15 ·
I kinda like them all.

#21 · (Edited)
I think a blue TT would be sweet!!! But I do thin it is time to start a new 2014 TT color thread ;)

#22 ·
#23 ·
Those FJ's look like a bag of Skittles exploded! :lol:

I think the FJ should come in 10 different shades of Iceburg...:D :lol:

#25 ·
Here's a hypothetical question: If there's no 2014 FJ Cruiser, meaning that If for some stupid reason they decide to discontinue the FJ, would prices go down?

If so, by how much?

Yes, I know, it was discontinued in 2007. In fact the FJ Cruiser never went into production. It was never sold. All those vehicles you're driving are manifestations of your imagination. Kidding aside, will prices fall if there's no 2014 FJ?

#26 ·
Here's a hypothetical question: If there's no 2014 FJ Cruiser, meaning that If for some stupid reason they decide to discontinue the FJ, would prices go down?
Specialty cars that are discontinued and then not replaced tend to maintain their value very well. For example, ever shopped for an Acura NSX or a '94+ Toyota Supra? The prices on them are nuts, because they haven't been overshadowed by newer cars.

That's not to say that the FJ will hold its value like a NSX or a Supra, but for as well as the FJ's already hold their value, I imagine the impact to discontinuing them would have a positive impact on their value in the used market.

Surely there are crappy cars that never should have been made (Pontiac Aztec?), but I wouldn't lump the FJ in with the Aztec or others like it.

#31 ·
Lmao, random car stuff vendor on Amazon said:

Hi Dawei,

I got your message that you wanted the 4" Red Lightsaber. They come with 4 adapter screws so it should fit fine.

If your FJ is red, it should look great. That car has a lot of neat details that are right up there with the lightsaber. I was going to buy one in December but I opted for the Rubicon instead. This is the last year for the FJ so hang on to yours. It will make a nice collectable.

Kindest regards,

Robert

--------------------------
This is about an antenna btw lol.

#32 ·
Last I checked the 2014 FJ Model is slated to start production in Japan in Aug of this year. Given time to hold at the facility (about a week if no major changes), then release for shipping I would guess earliest on dealer lots would be early Sept. Now, that time frame was before the seat belt recall which has halted my purchase of '13 TT. I would expect some kind of redesign of the seats given that they have to retro fit 200k units now.

#33 ·
Umm..........why would they be redesigning the seats when the recall has nothing to even do with the seats??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.