Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

LED bar on front bumper

17K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  dannfox 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
I am thinking of getting a new additional LED light bar to install it on the front bumper of my FJ:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Toyota fj cruiser

I am a bit worried that this will stop the air from going to the radiator and maybe i will have over heating trouble espacially that i live in qatar where the temp. is very high during summer... any ideas?

what do u think???

See less See more
#3 ·
You will not have an issue with cooling from a light bar the air will get in. My winch covers 2/3rds of my front area venting and I have never had an issue but don't live in texas or AZ where slow crawling could tend to over heat a vehicle. You could always Vent the hood with a louver to help.

I wonder if poison spyder would make one of these louvers for the FJ or if this one would fit?

#7 ·
You will not have an issue with cooling from a light bar the air will get in. My winch covers 2/3rds of my front area venting and I have never had an issue but don't live in texas or AZ where slow crawling could tend to over heat a vehicle. You could always Vent the hood with a louver to help.

I wonder if poison spyder would make one of these louvers for the FJ or if this one would fit?

I'm sure they'd make one, but a lot of people wouldn't buy them here either because of the laser cut poison spyder logo. Same reason my friend with his TJ won't put one on his. I think a generic one could look awesome on the FJ though.

#5 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the replies... i will take a photo of it tomorrow just to show you how it stands on the bumper... i think by seeing it you can give me your opinions about it :)

because the FJ grill is so small in size, not like the wrangler... this LED will cover a great part of it... that is why i am concerned... anyway, i will get you the photos tomorrow :)

#6 ·
You should be fine with a LED on the front bumper. :)

#9 ·
I know they used to, but at last call they don't do that anymore. If they're doing it again, that'd be great info that they need to post up again since they'd sell a lot more. It might be worth a call to investigate the possibility of doing something similar on the FJ's. That'd be an awesome option and double as a replacement for the hood decals if done in a flat or satin black.

#17 ·
What brand is that light bar? :thinkerg:

#19 ·
I had an LED up front on my stock bumper and had no heating issues

Now its on new bumper but set lower. Temps all the same as before.

Reactions: nin1616
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.