Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Moving back to California - Shipping FJ

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Old Geezer 
#1 ·
All,

Just was hoping for some input. I will be moving back to Northern California in a month. I will be shipping the FJ... I have talked to a number of shippers and from Virginia to California is around $1500. Anyone ship a vehicle recently and had a good or bad experience. Just want to make sure my baby makes it there in one piece.

Thanks in advance :smile

#2 ·
$1,500 coast-to-coast seems a bit high. I think you can probably get it done for $1200 unless you're looking for something premium like an enclosed trailer.

I've shipped a few cars over the years and the last several times I've used Executive Auto Shippers. They're a broker based out of Iowa that works with a number of transportation companies. Each time I've worked with them they have always provided drivers very experienced in shipping cars. Good communication and customer service, which was a high priority for me when I'm putting my '4th child' on a truck. :smile

I would be wary of any moving/transportation company that doesn't specialize in shipping cars. Make sure to ask the hard questions upfront, including how insurance/claims are handled in the event of a problem, their max. liability, etc.

Good luck.

#3 ·
uship.com

shipped over my bike coast to coast and also a car too.

#4 ·
Have you tried UPS or FedEx? JK - I am very sleepy and found that to be funny for some reason

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·
2X,
Everyone should do that at least once!!….gm

#13 ·
I'll be shipping a Porsche from PA to WA state in the next couple months, covered trailer, and so far most quotes have been slightly over $2000. Some of the outfits recommended to me were FedEx Transport, Horseless Carriage, DAS, Automoveit, and Intercity Lines. I'll probably go with Intercity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.