Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

What vehicle did you trade in to buy an FJ?

14K views 169 replies 154 participants last post by  fxntime 
#1 · (Edited)
Toyota FJ Cruiser owners are a special breed for sure. Thought it might be interesting to see what types of vehicles other owners gave up just before making the swap to their beloved FJ. I have been noticing a lot of similarities between the kinds of vehicles FJ owners used to have or may even still have, so this thread is being started to possibly prove that brilliant minds think alike.

My trade was a 2004 MINI Cooper and I have always appreciated vehicles that have some degree of heritage or are of unique design. While MINI to FJ may seem like quite a leap, I think we may see that it is not so uncommon.

I also have a 2003 Harley Davidson Road King 100th Anniversary Edition and it seems many FJ owners own a two wheeled freedom machine of some type as well.

#28 ·
Sold my blown transmissioned AT 02 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4X4, 4 door for $8k towards the 07 FJ

#30 ·
Traded our 2004 Acura TL. In the family for 9 years, bought from a friend with only like ~17,000 miles...great car. One of the few (probably only) cars with an automatic tranny that I loved. 1st & 2nd gear were sweet...60mph came fast! She will be missed, but real happy with the FJ we scored.

#33 ·
This one:

I miss it occasionally, but I vastly prefer the FJ.

#35 ·
#38 ·
2011 Dodge Journey with almost 100,000km.... for a 2013 FJ 6M new in fall of 2013... already 87,000km on it. :))))

#39 ·
Original owner of a 2000 ZR2 blazer in dark cherry red , it served me well but after 12 years its best day were behind her. 2012 TTSE.

#41 ·
2006 Mini Cooper S for a 2014 FJ

#43 ·
2002 Land Cruiser here (The dealership finance manager bought it.) We traded two vehicles and bought another outright inside of 30 days. It was a car buying spree.

#46 ·
2012 VW GTi
Had an audi a4 before that
Had a honda s2000 before that
Had a bullitt mustang before that
Had a mustang GT before that
Had a TJ wrangler before that
So I went from a 4wd to muscle cars to a sports car to ze Germans back to a 4wd. Love my FJ most of all, but I miss my bullitt sometimes- that one was a real growler. I have gone full circle of life in cars.

#47 ·
2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab. I miss it, but it would not have gone through the 2' snow I did in the FJ, last winter!:bigthumb::wave:

#49 ·
This is my first vehicle of this type. I bought the FJ a couple months before I took delivery of the 2013 Shelby GT500 I special ordered. I wanted something I could use for daily driver duties and bad weather, and thought the FJ looked like a really fun option. I didn't trade anything in for it, but have had a LOT of fun with it ever since. My wife drives a Lexus hybrid so I kinda feel like I have all the bases covered now. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.