Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Convex Mirrors

5K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Suma Performance 
#1 ·
Just bought the '14 TT and love it! Would like to place oval convex mirrors on the FJ but have read different thoughts on the best place to mount them--inside corner or upper outside corner.

Thoughts?

#2 ·
I have mine on the upper outside. They are the 2" version. For me "personally" i felt the lower inside was to low down on the mirror. I prefer the view with them up higher on the mirror.....just my 2 cents, to each his own...

#17 ·
SG,
I agree with you on the placement, upper outside.
I also have the adjustable round mirrors which give you a better range or field of vision.
My $.02!!…..gm

#4 ·
You want them as far out as possible. I would have liked to put it on the lower side of the mirror, but with the way the mirror has that corner cutout, I just put it at the top corner like everyone else. I also bought the adjustable ones so I can point them lower to the point where I can see my rear tires touching the ground. I'm sure that will come in handy off road.

#5 ·
Has anyone used the rectangular ones? I was thinking about these in the lower section of the mirror, but after reading the above, it makes sense to have them in the upper outside section.

#9 ·
Guess I'm in the minority, got mine on the lower outside. Someone had them there on my '07 when I bought it, so I put them in the same place when I got my '11.

#10 ·
I'm the total odd ball here.. mine are on the lower inside. I recommend sitting in the car and having a second person hold them in different spots while you are in your normal driving position. That's what I did. I'm sure everyone is different.

#12 ·
Do you guys have them on both the driver and passenger side?

#19 ·
For those who want to replace the whole mirror glass with convex that has optional turn signal feature, we offer that option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.