Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

A weekend with the newest mods

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Maximus 
#1 · (Edited)
This month has been full of fun mods for the old girl, and this weekend I got to enjoy them all together at once. I suppose there must be some point where the FJ can't become any more fun, but so far it just keeps getting better and better…and I already loved it in it's stock form.

This month I picked up the kayaks, which lead to the roof racks and carriers. I also decided it was finally time to get rid of the 285/60/18 street tires and put on something more appropriate for going off road. Picked up a set of new tires and wheels, which of course I couldn't add in good conscience without throwing a lift on as well. :lol:

Had the lift and wheels/tires installed this Friday, and immediately took everything out camping the very next day. Had a great time and was really impressed how well everything worked together. :)

This is what it looked like before. I really enjoyed it but I didn't like the idea of taking street tires off road due to fear about rocks cutting the sidewalls.

See less See more
Reactions: Marlexop
#4 ·
I really like the black roof on the silver. What brand of lift did you do with?

#5 ·
Great looking FJC! Enjoy. :wave:

#7 ·
#8 ·
Is that a black or more of a gray on the roof? I like the gloss to it vs. some of the flat black stuff I've seen other places.

#9 ·
Well, when it's CLEAN, it's a glossy dark grey/silver metallic fleck. I'll try to get a close up of it some time since you aren't the first to ask about it.

This doesn't help you see the fleck, but might help show the gloss.

#10 ·
Looks good! Sweet wheels

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.