Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Have to vent ... My FJ was insulted !!

12K views 101 replies 70 participants last post by  siskiyou2 
#1 · (Edited)
So I visited my brother in law this weekend. A kidney doctor. He had invited a lady doctor over. A kidney doctor also. He wanted to start a mutual partnership in a dialysis center with her. She arrived in a Porsche Cayenne(She had an S class is parked at home and buys a new Porsche every year). Comes in and after a while cars topic comes up and she seemed to be a great auto enthusiast (more than any lady I have ever seen)....

Told her that I am an enthusiast myself and had an FJ... her response..

"Why?" ...
She kept on saying, "Why?"
She was not asking me Why as in Why but she was making fun of me.

Caught me by surprise. Blew a few of my fuses and out of respect for my brother in law I kept my mouth shut and then she says,

"Oh I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"
and then she says,
"Hummer is better built."..

After she left my whole family was laughing at me seeing how upset I was and how somebody (a girl) managed to put my FJ DOWN in front of my face first time ever :flame: and I continued sucking on my thumb ! :flame:

It is ok...
I will get over it.. I will be fine..
F*****g b***h !!

See less See more
#4 ·
Brush it off, although that Porsche will go places an SRT8 grand Cherokee can't go... It will never go where an FJ can ! She drives a Porsche as a superficial status statement. The FJ will last longer and don't need to pay a high price shop to change the oil. Laugh it off! My brother who has an old grand Cherokee who wants to put a lift and big tires on just to go over Buffalo NY potholes can't comprehend the risk vs. reward of wheel with my primary vehicle which is my FJ. After a good 30min debate which went no where I started to walk away and in brother Jason fashion said something along the lines of, " aw running away now?" .. All I could say back was, " your a corvette fan, are you telling me you won't go fast if you buy one? Hypocrite" haven't talked to him since thanksgiving and don't care to... There is much more to my sibling issues but this isn't the appreciate forum.. There's my venting

#7 ·
Just be more secure in your choice of vehicle. No one else in this world has to like it.

As far as witty comebacks or facts & figures debates goes there's a ton out there, but don't fall into that trap it's just stooping to her level.

#74 ·
"If I'd wanted a hummer, I would have called your mother 5 years ago."

Reactions: gaylonw
#10 · (Edited)
Yes she was hot. Probably the reason I froze when she took a dump on me.
I could have hit it before the FJ comments.
She just married and her husband stays at home and takes care of the kids.

#11 ·
Its all good. I told a hott young and clearly dumb red head the other day to go Eff herself after saying "sorry, you kill babies" to me for being in the usaf based off what ever crap she watches on TV.... Pretty much had her up to that point

#12 ·
Meh… my FJ gets insulted on FJ forums and RB pages- who cares. All that matters is that you know what it will do and one day- maybe you could show her. As for the Hummer comment- tell her thats what her sister is for- that should shut her up :D

#19 ·
What can I say.. I live and breathe FJ. I can't imagine life without it .. ever !
Too sensitive about it.

I think he's more mad that he was caught off guard by what she said because of her looks he didn't know what to say. Lol . could have also asked for her to show you the back seat! ....... you know, for a hummer!
I think you nailed it... :grin

#17 ·
Haters will be haters and tools will be tools.

Reactions: fj40drm
#20 ·
I honestly never understood a Porsche SUV. They are supposed to be spots cars for a reason, I would really like to see her drive that thing like a "real" Porsche. It will never happen. To me the Cayenne were made for rich soccer mom status. You should have said I will BRB and flexed on her hood then say that's why!

#24 ·
That's about when you drive your FJ over her POS benz or porsche. And I say POS in the aspect of maintenance and poor reliability after the warranty is up.

#26 ·
i would love to take her for a little ride to because we would know if her kidney's were working as she would be peeing all over herself. My only issue is that my FJ would then be soiled. I am not a violent person but a good B. Slap in this matter would have been highly acceptable.

#27 ·
She arrived in a Porsche Cayenne(She had an S class is parked at home and buys a new Porsche every year).
I saw a Porsche Cayenne at the top of one of the passes near Animas Forks in Ouray 3 years ago. Able to do it? Obviously, but it got a lot of jokes on the CB channel.

She's obviously not an offroader, and if she was she'd probably buy a Range Rover to do it :rofl:

#32 ·
Same with the S Class lol. You can buy a 2007 S class for around 30k give or take depending on trim level and miles. That car cost $1xx,xxx in 2007. My FJ cost 25k in 2007. Do you see the problem here? Hahaha

Reactions: detcub
#30 ·
Reactions: fj40drm
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.