Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Got "the call" today!

4K views 46 replies 27 participants last post by  FJFiend14 
#1 · (Edited)
Got "the call" today! New Pics!

Finally, after six years of waiting, and having my original order cancelled a few weeks ago, I got the call that my FJ is indeed built and in the country AND in shipment. It'll be here the week of the 11th and it won't be soon enough. It will be the longest, most intense, nail biting wait I've ever had for anything. I'll drop the tires off next week and the weathertech digitalfit liners are already there. On the first day off the Daystar 2.5" kit is going on. My wife thinks I'll shut up about it when I finally get it...she's in for a surprise :wink

Reactions: Du619
#2 ·
Congrats on the good news.

#6 ·
Thanks all, its gonna be good to be part of a proper brotherhood. When I'm not roaming this forum I'm roaming my gun forum and that's a whole other type of craziness. This vehicle is really going to mean something to me. I've wanted very badly but never thought I would have a last year, brand new one. I won't ever want to sell it. Its one of those vehicles that has the "X-Factor". The two times I test drove one I couldn't help but get the biggest grin on my face.

#7 ·
@TRDirt

I guess I should return the Truck Nutz since its a girl. This whole time I had the idea that it was gonna be a boy.

#11 ·
Sounds like an awesome ride and that you have great plans for "her"! I sold Toyotas while I was "between opportunities"... I don't think anyone ever grinned wider than a new FJ owner. I sold myself a black '08 CPO... the most nervous I had ever been during a delivery, believe it or not.

NZDZRT

#12 ·
I got some plans for "her" but nothing too crazy. Its going to be my DD so I want to keep it mild. That's how it starts anyway. I'll go crazy when I buy another 2014 FJ in another 6 years and have two. The wife would love that!

#16 ·
Oh there will be pics. I already can't wait to put the lift on because Its going to look a bit goofy at stock height with the 285's. I can only imagine how many hours are going to be spent sitting in the driveway staring at it. For the past 8 weeks I've been trying to envision the 84 Chevy I've been driving transforming into an FJ.

#15 ·
I love them all to but as you can imagine I don't have the money I need to get the all the guns I want! Still need an AR and revolver to have a solid collection since I have a couple of shotguns and the pistols. I also need a bigger safe for the growing collection.

#17 ·
First of all Congrats! I have always kept my priorities in a logical perspective....Defensive weapons and ammo first then the Fj to enhance my second guilty pleasure. I must say life now feels complete and satisfied wit this knock out combo! LOL

#18 ·
Guns and FJ's have to be a killer combo, they go hand-in-hand. I recon the G26 will fit nicely in the little glove box above the steering wheel. Its good to hear you have your priorities straight :wink

#21 ·
Congrats - you're also becoming a magician because your money will disappear

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#22 ·
Congrats! Sweet gun collection

#23 ·
Thanks guys! After I drop off the tires next week I'm going to watch Top Gear again just to get more pumped up.

#25 ·
Actually she might be on board for trips to Summit and exploring in general. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the FJ is perfect for that. I'll make sure she doesn't forget.

#26 ·
Welcome to the world of FJ ownership, you will,, scratch that.. You are hooked... I can see that. But Its a good hook.. I, just worry when I die my wife will sell all my mods for what I told her I paid for them. Bummer.. There will be some good deals, I'm tellin ya. Oh well...
The Gun thing is cool too. Same thing with the guns, If she only knew..

heres a good tuber about gun safety you need to watch,,

https://www.youtube.com/embed/qKHeXC7L85s?rel=0

#29 ·
#28 ·
Congrats…gm

#33 ·
Thanks Jesmor, its good to be part of the club!

nater, I don't know my build date but hopefully yours was on the same ship and also in the country. Since my first order was cancelled it would be nice to know how far mine was from the end. The FJ is already important to me but since its the last year for the US distribution it would be neat to know where it stood in the count down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.