Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

2014 TT UE Handling

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  FAUJI 
#1 ·
There are now many 2014 TTUE's here on the forum. Let me ask you owners, How do you like the ride and handling? This is my 3rd FJ after a 2007 black cherry and a 2010 TT. The 2007 had a much stiffer ride while the 2010 was somewhat less stiff and an improvement as far as the suspension goes. The TTUE is downright "squishy" (for lack of a better term) in comparison. I love it! I think this model FJ culminated in the best suspension yet. The ride and driving qualities are very good and I am looking forward to seeing what it can do off-road. Other owners please let me know what you think.
Alien

#2 ·
The TTUE sits about an inch higher than my '12 TT, mostly at the front.
I think that the ride is not as stiff as the '12.
That said, I do think it is more compliant than the '12 or the '07 TRDSE that I had- not at all bone jarring.
I like the ride position and the handling of the more level TTUE.
I am going to get a price from my Toyota Store to convert the '12 to the suspension of the TTUE…..gm

#5 ·
Personally I have found all the OEM suspensions to be too soft and prone to heavy nose dive under braking. I prefer any of the aftermarket suspensions I have experienced over the OEM options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.