Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

The Dirty Dozen: Who Are the True FJ Gurus?

6K views 37 replies 29 participants last post by  Mtbcoach 
#1 ·
As a newcomer to this forum, I've been impressed by how helpful and smart many of the participants are. The collective brainpower and experience here is staggering, and my own mods reflect it.

I'm starting this string to give everyone a chance to name their top FJ guru--somebody whose ingenuity, experience, and kindness has deeply benefited them or their vehicle. View it as an opportunity to give thanks and further spread the creed about a particular mod.

Who are the dirty dozen and why?

Reactions: ZerosFJ
#2 ·
Nestah Edition.

If electrical current runs through it, he is the king.

Inventive circuits and mods, sano work, nicest guy.

#4 · (Edited)
TrailBus 1, Dom, MudLovinFJ, CheFJ, MuddyGrl, RoverGGM, SunFuCru, Dragon, BZ Wire and Tibal. Awe Geez! I can't forget Fun Junkie, Garret, Soup, Hanz, Homedad, Big Guy, Bozley, FJEssense, Ivan and the list continues

Mist have been banned because they knew to much and got sick of answering the same questions over and over. Most of you never knew these Cruisers. MuddyGrl was on the original Toyota Trails Team. RoverGGM is back in the saddle and the others have help put this place on the map. But sadly most are gone.

#10 ·
@Vegas_Nick communications and a really super helpful guy. @Nestah Edition I have seen the stuff he does and it is amazing. @bazross very helpful on lots of topics specializing in the Aussie editions.
I'll echo these guys and @Delancy (I can't write Kanji so he's still Delancy :p ) and @Woodsman , as I'm sure I've hit them up for info over the years.

Honestly even those I havent contacted directly have helped in some fashion or another. Just browsing the forums continually gives me ideas :thinkerg:

#8 ·
okay i havent been here long enough to know if she is big on this forum but this girl has provided me an answer to every possible question ive had, even when they arent directed her way. In BC Canada or wherever she may be @westcoastgirl74 is killing it, she has my vote! :grin :wink

#9 ·
This forum is loaded with guru’s: Helmut_S; Bazross; Lqdchkn; Old Cruiser; Wikid; Trouble dog; FJamming; Dumpingthegutter; Chitown4X4, FJess, and Chris Delancy(Chinese character for avatar?); Layonn; FJ &TJ Dude; Vegas_Nick…the list goes on.

The unsung heroes are all the contributing members in the “Member builds” thread and the “How to” threads…

Nestah stands out in this field however. His website dedicated to the FJ proves his metal:)

Mike

#29 ·
So many great folks on this forum. Many have been mentioned but that list is certainly not all-inclusive. :cheers: to those FJ :nerds that lend a helping hand.

#20 ·
Really depends on what your looking for as to who the gurus are. I'll agree that most everyone in this thread is some level of guru, however, only a few that I've seen really know much at all about their FJ or have done something truly outstanding to it. Theres a difference between being a bonafide guru and being able to bolt on parts and spray plasti-dip.

FJNewb, Sbechtold, Air2Air, 1911, Layonn, NestahEdition, Bz, TallTodd, BellyDoc, NCFJ and SwissArmyFJ come to my mind as really knowing their $hit.

Edit: I forgot to include Bandi. Creator of the Bandi Mount, Bandi lift and and Norma Clamp CV fix thread

#27 ·
Edit: I forgot to include Bandi. Creator of the Bandi Mount, Bandi lift and and Norma Clamp CV fix thread
I second the nomination of Bandi. My vechicle sports the Bandi Mount, and it's an ingenious little rig.

#24 ·
To many to list and thanks to all of them for the information they have left here for the rest of us to gain the knowledge. :rocker:

#31 ·
#32 ·
Reactions: 98765
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.