Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Toyota Loyalty Program Naming Your Vehicle For Free!

51K views 260 replies 123 participants last post by  gunsandgear 
#1 ·
Saw this from another FJ owner and it's pretty cool from Toyota South America to offer it free for Toyota owners and ships to the United States as well! Seems legit and signed up already, this isn't spam and feel free to remove this mods if its already posted.

Link Below:
Toyota more than a car.

#3 ·
wow this is cool

#4 ·
I ordered one in YOTA.. I know it's common.

#5 ·
Custom Badges - create your own for free.

For the masses: You can create any custom 7 letter badge (no numbers or characters) for free. They allow two custom badges per household address and it takes about 4 weeks for delivery. No charge but I expect the price to pay will be receiving some junk mail. No biggie.

I used my two options to create 'swept' and 'wingnut'. I then used my wife's work address to create 'FJ NUT' just in case the other two will not piece together.

Folks on the Facebook group are showing photos of the ones they have received so I will be looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

EDIT: many thanks to the mods for merging these two threads into one. Post edited. :cheers:

#7 ·
Re: Custom Badges - create your own for free.l

I ordered four named YOTA and HINO..

#8 ·

Yeah ummm I'm not sure what the catch is but I'd be hella suspect of that site.

It's all representing itself as if it were Toyota with phrases like "You made us your favorite brand" but doesn't appear to be registered to Toyota Corp.

There is no real "About Us" info the closest you'll find is a link back to the Spanish Toyota site but anyone can do that.

Me thinks this is a phishing site trying to gather personal info on Toyota owners, especially preying on Latin owners that don't speak good english :(

#9 ·

I can appreciate the abundance of caution as I was suspect as well.

Then I saw the photos being posted on facebook of the badges folks are receiving in the mail. No doubt there has to be a catch somewhere but they are not going to get much sensitive info only asking for a physical mailing address and nothing else.

I would be suspect giving out your good email address for sure.

Posted via AutoGuide mobile APP

#11 · (Edited)

I can appreciate the abundance of caution as I was suspect as well.

Then I saw the photos being posted on facebook of the badges folks are receiving in the mail. No doubt there has to be a catch somewhere But they are not going to get much sensitive info only asking for a physical mailing address and nothing else.

I would be suspect giving out your good email address for sure.

Posted via AutoGuide mobile APP
"Because people post it on FB", does not legitimize a business/service/offer for me. ;)

Especially one going through such effort to represent itself as Toyota, yet according to a simple whois lookup, appear not to have anything to do with Toyota

#14 ·
Order placed.

#15 ·
MUVOVR --------Order Placed !!!

#19 ·

I'm suspect too. Notice that when you enter a name, it is limited to 7 letters. But if you look in their gallery, there are photos showing names with 8 or more letters. Fishy.
Considering they allow 2 badges for each household address, it would not be uncommon to create one name with 2 badges. Just like I did in post 5.

Everyone is certainly entitled to their own level of skepticism. But so far I have not seen or found a single fact anywhere to justify it. :bigthumb:

#22 ·
Waiting on some pics before ordering some for myself.

#23 ·
#24 ·
#27 ·
Thanks but no thanks. I do want to appear cynical but nothing in life is free. You have given them your name and a mailing address, you may not have supplied your email but just by going to their site you have given them your IP address.

At best you will contacted by a Nigerian prince who wants to give you 8 million pounds sterling if you just provide your bank info at worst your name and address is already being forged for illegal alien documents or credit cards made in Russia. A scam is a scam is a scam......

#31 ·

#35 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.