Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Amazed at the prices used FJs are going for....

72K views 270 replies 153 participants last post by  gunsandgear 
#1 ·
Just a general thought. I just purchased a used 2008 FJ about 3 weeks ago. It is incredible how much people are asking for these used, dealers and private owner (which there are barely any available). It seems the prices have even gone up in the few weeks since I purchased mine.

#4 ·
#83 ·
They're currently #1 on KBB in terms of resale value. I paid about $19K for my 2010 TT (sold as a "base" model) and it had 91K miles on it. The dealer said that people were calling all the way from TX to inquire about it. The other two 2008s that I'd looked at a few days earlier both literally sold the next day.

Kelley Blue Book
The 2014 KBB Best Resale Value is even BETTER! 81% at 36 months! For sure I feel lucky. Love the Rig anyway, but this is a nice affirmation. Will be really interesting to see how the values stand as we move through the years ahead. here is the 2014 KBB:

Kelley Blue Book

Kelley Blue Book

:clap:

#254 ·
Love that RRTT!.....gm

#7 · (Edited)
And that is why I bought a new one...........I wasn't going to pay 2-3 grand less for one 2-3 years old with 40+ thousand miles on it and little to no factory warranty. Yeah, they added a couple of things but the wear and tear hardly makes up for those aftermarket parts at that price difference. FWIW, the used one's I looked at sold pretty quickly [couple of weeks or less] for right at the asking prices so one can hardly claim they were improperly priced.

I almost never buy brand new, in this instance, buying used was financially less sound then a new one. [if buying ANY vehicle can be described as a sound financial decision. :wink]

#8 ·
My 2008 with 75,000 miles was priced at 18K at the Toyota dealership. The truck was a one owner, never off highway and exceptional.

It had been in inventory for 60+ days so I paid substantially less for it.

Like I said, they are not selling as well here, hence the lower prices.

#10 ·
Can you spell Land Rover Defender…….gm

#11 ·
I have been saying this for months...... I was rebuffed by some and others agreed with my assessment of the coming FJ values.

There will be several that sell off and go on to a JEEP. Then there will be a number of us that hang on for a most excellent ride......:grin

#12 ·
Did not buy them to sell them, but it is nice to drive a vehicle that is highly regarded by the motoring public, both on and off road.
With the limited availability, the values will hold over the years!
Not a reason to buy or sell, kind of a bonus!!….gm

Reactions: ASWH1 and Smoke1
#15 ·
Supply and demand...

wouldn't be surprised to hear of some well-healed individuals who are buying them and tucking them away for the future's version of some crazy pricing on Meacham Auto Auctions . .

Reactions: Muvovr
#16 ·
Reactions: texasnielsen
#22 · (Edited)
That is a great deal considering the mileage. The one I purchased last Monday is a 2010 Trail Teams Edition that was sold as a "base" model by the dealership for 19K. Given, it has 91K miles but the woman who owned it kept it meticulous. You'd think it was brand new. The low figure on KBB was 21K. I'm thrilled to have no only gotten a 2010 TT but also to get one in such great shape. I was looking at the FJ40s before buying a Cruiser but the Cruiser won out. Now I almost don't want to put miles on it and use it as a weekend vehicle but not sure the wife would be keen on me purchasing another beater just for work.

#24 ·
I bought my FJ because I wanted it. I bought it to use. I love my FJ and did not buy it to sell or store it or sit around washing and rubbing it. I use it and it is everything I wanted and more. Don't care how many miles are on it. I plan on using it till it's all used up. So I guess I'm FJ till dust or rust settles on both of us. May it out live me.:rocker:

#25 ·
Resale was a contributing factor on why I bought a FJ. 99.9% of the time it sits in the garage washed up and detailed as I have two work vehicles. I got an OK deal on it but I don't keep vehicles too long and I'd like to be able to get rid of it at a moments notice if I see something else that catches my eye ;)

#27 ·
I paid 19K for my 08 4 months ago with 68K miles (it has the convenience package) and it was a one owner car with no dings and in excellent shape. I added TRD (17") wheels and new sound system and I love it.

I got a fair deal I think....not a great deal but I bought it under Blue Book. So far it has been rock solid! I want to keep it at least 5 years so I hope it holds it's value. :)

#28 ·
I bought mine in August 2013 (2013 4x4 with all the upgrades) for $35k. With 4k into the stereo, I think it's still worth around 32k? Considering I only owe 20k ... I'm not selling but it's time to cancel the gap insurance.

Reactions: gaylonw
#35 ·
My FJ was practically given to me. Quicksand 2013 4x4 with 6K miles for 17K in June of 2014. To be fair I bought it from my brother who never touched it. He offered me a deal I simply could not refuse.

I think he felt bad for the fact that I had driven my previous truck (96 ford Ranger) since my senior year in highschool (2001). I put 450k miles on that danger ranger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.