Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Snorkel stares ?

12K views 82 replies 43 participants last post by  Ragnar Danneskjöld 
#1 ·
Just got my snorkel installed and have noticed some strange stares from people, anyone get this ?

Reactions: FJC Scout 1
#4 ·
Reactions: FJWOODY and bazross
#8 ·
Yeah a guy at work said is that the exhaust ? No...

#12 ·
I love the "exhaust" guys.:huh:

I've also run across the "that snorkel is useless with the exhaust being so low" folks, as well.:twak:

One guy thought is was a flood light on a swivel...:freak5:

I walked out of a store one day to find a guy "explaining" everything on my truck to some other guy like it was his. I chirped the locks, climbed in, and drove off. The look on his face was priceless.

#20 ·
Yep had all the stupid (mainly exhaust) remarks too... plus all the way across the US in my old TLC I got "You're sitting on the wrong side". To which my response was "its a good job the steering wheel's over here then".

#21 ·
I am asked do I drive into water that deep? I reply not on purpose LOL but you holes in the rivers & streams are unpredictable . It is very cheap insurance

#23 ·
If I am asked to explain why I would want to go into water of almost -any- depth, I point out the -stock- intake in the wheel well, where there -couldn't- be too much dust etc for the intake, RIGHT! That usually shuts them up!

#26 ·
there is a woman that gases up at the same costco as me. she drives a mini with plates the say "NO2SUVS". every time she sees me i get dirty looks. i made a paper plate ant put it on the front of my truck that says "NO-2-SELFRIGHTEOUS-PEOPLE". the next time i saw her i pointed to it and just smiled. she was not amused.

#28 ·
Yes I understand the OP's original question......

Stopped at the QT for gas about 4:30 this morning........and got this !!!

[/URL][/IMG]

He could of been up all night or maybe just got up, out of the dumpster..... not sure ?

#29 ·
At first when people ask (or guess) what it is, we take the time to explain it and why we need it and how it can obtained if they want one......... Then we get to a point where we just explain it and move along.....eventually, we end up convinced It really is the exhaust and we should stay out of the water..

I get people that say "nice exhaust man". So I reply " it's factory". Every single time it ends the conversation. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.