This douche Land vehicle Vehicle Transport Car Motor vehicle

Caused this

Windshield Road Windscreen wiper Sky Automotive window part

And yes this is the like 5th time ugh

See less See more
#2 ·
Sucks. Happened to me but only a chip.

#4 ·
You could always try giving the photo to your insurance company to see if there is any chance of recourse.

I have 100% glass coverage on my vehicles from Allstate that also includes headlight lenses, tail lights, etc. It runs about $8 more on a six month policy.

Good luck! :bigthumb:

#5 ·
You need to change your comprehensive coverage to $0 deductible (if you have that coverage). It doesn't add much to your premium. I've been through many windshields on different cars and changed my coverage to this years ago. Now I get the windshield replaced for free in my driveway.

#6 ·
Windshields are disposable items on the FJ. I'd be glad it hit your windshield and not anywhere else.

#8 ·
incorrect acutally it skidded my hood and two doors ugh
and this is the month for my inspection

#12 ·
I had one like that the size of a soft ball when done. Sounded like a gunshot when the rock kicked out of his tire as I passed him & hit my windshield.

#13 ·
The crooked TOYOTA lettering on the front grill would bug me more. OCD are u sure?

Reactions: dwm2112
#14 ·
Sucks......

I took a direct hit about a week ago..... Sounded like a solid crack. Couldn't wait to get home to see the damage under all of the bug guts......

I cleaned it off and I lucked out....... This Time !!!!

#15 ·
Well I'm just going to get a new windshield because they want to replace my hood and everything else. I work at walmart so it's pointless I'm just gonna fill in the scratches with touch up paint

#16 ·
If "THEY" want to replace it then let them. It wasn't your fault he spit boulders at you. They or your insurance should pick up the tab minus your deductible. Did you file a police report?

I blew a tire on the freeway once and apparently a chunk of tread flew off and blapped the car behind me. They filed a report but I didn't have to pay anything, apparently it was just for their insurance.

#17 ·
I'm not sure about other states, but in Arizona that would be considered an unsecured load, which is illegal. Those trucks may have a "not responsible for broken windshields, stay 200 feet back" bullocks painted on the back, but that doesn't alleviate them from state law.

Most insurance companies require a police report for certain claims. They do this to help weed out the fraudulent claims. You can still file one a few days/weeks later.

#20 ·
You're absolutely right, it may vary from state to state but let's say that a log truck here in Louisiana loses a limb that wasn't trimmed, they are liable for damage done to other vehicles for having an unsecured load. Also it doesn't matter if they have a warning sign on the back if the rocks fly out and into oncoming traffic if it were a standard two lane road, an unsecured load is an unsecured load no matter how you look at it. Texas DOT takes this stuff more seriously than LA DOT does so I would file the report if for no other reason to ease the mind of your new insurance agent and for the love of God get the FJ fixed correctly, you work hard to earn a living to afford nice things like your FJ and pay insurance for this reason so don't feel bad because this driver is either a POS or he drives a POS that caused this.
Apologies, bit of a run on sentence there at the end.:frown

#23 ·
I got photos of the last truck that broke my windshield. The insurance company did not seem to care much.

I have seen stones fly over the car in front of me, bounce along the pavement and jump over a lane or two.

The only way big trucks can't hit you (with rocks) is if they are in your rear view. This is the reason I deliberately don't let 'rock haulers' in when they try to get in front of me. Makes them mad sometimes, but I have simply replaced too many windshields.

#25 ·
They flew out his back door and guess what guys I have a hood deflector doesn't a whole lot of good Land vehicle Vehicle Car White Automotive tire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.