Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Did Toyota Use The Right Type Of Tape For My HiLift?

3K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Sir_FJ_Harington 
#1 ·
Had the FJ at Toyota for the drive shaft TSB and the tech found that my HiLift was rattling, so he fixed it.

:rofl::rofl:

See less See more
#3 ·
Don't they normally use this? :surprise

#7 ·
It was free under warranty!

Reactions: Sanderhawk
#8 ·
Probably paid by the foot under shop supplies....If you really want to stop the rattling stop by a motorcycle shop and grab an old tire tube out of the garbage, cut out a section about 2-3" wide and use it like a elastic band over the hook and foot and over handle and beam.... Or use duct tape.

#10 ·
I put a rubber bungee cord on it.

I love that it says "put tape in there" lol. so vague

I was reading that while they brought my FJ around and was so confused.

#12 ·
I can't believe you didn't receive a notice stating that "Toyota is not responsible" for noises caused from non-Toyota related accessories.......:wink

Reactions: FJ Cruiser Matt
#13 ·
i can't believe you didn't receive a notice stating that "toyota is not responsible" for noises caused from non-toyota related accessories.......:wink
^^^x2.... Lmao

#16 ·
No, they had diagnosed the FJ for the TSB to get the drive shaft replaced them ordered parts. The day that they put the tape up they were just installing the new drive shaft.

I'm thinking maybe he did it to isolate any noise on the test drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.