Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Paid off my fj !! Three years early !!

4K views 43 replies 26 participants last post by  Swingshiftworker 
#1 ·
Well the title pretty much says it all !! Just submitted the final note three years early whoo hoo

#3 ·
Pretty sweet:clap::clap: I am working hard towards that too :)

#5 ·
I am currently setup to pay mine off 4 years early. A weekly sum goes towards it. It sucks but itll be worth it in the long run. I envy you and I bet it feels great to breathe lol

#10 · (Edited)
Congrats !!

There is no way I can pay mine off a day earlier. LOL !! ($3300 left on it)
Something comes up whenever I have a dollar sitting aside. My luck.

Last year I had the chance to pay it off but instead I took a 4000 dollar trip out West. LOL!!
The year before I bought a Corolla as a beater car.
Oh and this year I decided to buy a beater RAV4 (sold Corolla) for $4000 plus so FJ doesn't have to be parked at the shopping malls or in rain.

Also this year I had a chance to pay it off but I took another trip West. LOL !

I need to stop taking trips and buying beater cars to save the FJ :rofl:

#13 ·
Do you mind sharing how one can be eligible for a 15k Christmas gift? :-D

Reactions: FJ Cruiser Matt
#15 ·
My title has been the drawer for a few years now & its a great feeling. Now you can spend all of the money on MODS!

#16 ·
3 or 4 years early? No way I could do that! I'm sending extra $ each month and I'll be excited if that lops a whole year off my 5 year paper. I'm on pace to pay it off early for sure ... but I don't know exactly when.

Got (myself) the FJ for my birthday in August 2013. Turned 46 that day. I signed up for 5 years of payments, but I set a goal of paying it off before my 50th birthday. My payment is $730 a month but I send $400 every 2 weeks automatically. That means some months get $800 and every now and then it'll get $1200. I don't know if that will meet my goal because I still owe $18,100 with 20 months to go. It will be close! Donations would be greatly appreciated.

#18 ·
Sadly I won't be doing any more Mods because Sunday I plan on trading my fj in for a tundra

#19 ·
That's an upsetting end to this thread :surprise Tundras are wonderful though I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'm working on paying my student loans off first then putting that cash into my car payments to finish up the FJ. What kind of tundra are you looking at?

#23 ·
The "mod" will be him going to a Tundra... Read his last post... LMAO !!! :rofl:

#25 · (Edited)
30!? How many miles are on the thing? Even with around 30K miles, EVERY option checked, a 4XTwo has something like a 24K trade in. That is an impressive number at 24 IMO. But If you get 30 congrats...take it and run!!!

base MSRP on a 16 double cab with NO options is like 28K.

#27 ·
I went to a Toyota shop two months ago and they originally said 24k till they looked at my fj, I have 33k miles and I said I want 30 and after they looked at it they agreed. However this time I'm going to shoot for more so that hopefully I will get 30 out of it

Reactions: iwashmycar
#26 ·
Last time I checked I was under 18 months away from pay off. The extra money will be nice when it gets paid off. It will mean a few more mods, and hopefully a new Motorcycle.

#31 ·
They are actually made for a Tacoma lol I got them off this Tacoma site

#33 ·
44.8k for the Tundra I would want. Actually I'd rather have a 4Runner TRD and it's only 42.8k. If someone in 2017 offers me 42.8 for my FJ ... I'd think about it.

#34 ·
didnt most people here get really good interest rates on their loans? if so why would u want to pay off the car so fast? over the next 5 years you would be paying only $1000-$1500 or so of interest over those 5 years. I would you could do a lot of other things with that money than pay off the car. if anything you should pay more off on your house.

#41 ·
Everyone has a different perspective on debt. ZoSoIV prefers to be debt free, others like me (I'm 65) believe in the time/value of $ and I have no problem taking on debt if it's affordable and makes financial sense to me.

The only debt I have right now is a $800/mo mortgage on about $130k and about $500/mo in 2 car payments on about $20k. I could pay off all of that debt tomorrow if I wanted to but I prefer to make the $1300 monthly payments in order to keep the $150k in my possession for use/investment in for other purposes. Just depends on how you feel about debt and how you manage it.

#35 ·
because debt is debt you pay things off as fast as you can especially if your older like me , as far as a house everyone should have a 15 year loan , I'm about a year away from having that payed off also, I don't want to be a slave to the system so I limit my debt as much as I can

#36 ·
Was able to get a 2016 white tundra for equal value and walked out with nothing owed for my fj or tundra

#37 ·
I want to pay mine off so I don't have to pay on the freakin thing any longer. Sure there are things I could spend that extra money on, but I'd rather be debt free sooner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.