Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

FJ cruiser engine guards SUCK.. Rad rubber designs

22K views 48 replies 39 participants last post by  rev. 3:11 
#1 ·
My damn engine splash guards kept falling off. Hanging and flapping when i drove down the road. They are thin and might as well not even be there. I didnt know you could buy better after market engine splash guards and after a bit of research online I stumbled across this guy (rad rubber designs). I think I paid $50 for all 4 guards. They are 3 times thicker and they have way better clips too.. Just saying.. Figured I would give you guys a heads up in case you are having the same problem. I think he sells fender guards too and a couple other things.
Rad Rubber Design : About

image posting

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice!
Thx for the info!
:cheers:

#7 ·
The fender flaps look cool. Could solve my left-hand turn lock issue without needing a full BMC.

"FJ FENDER FLAPS Front mud flap modification kit that increases up to 2" tire clearance and helps eliminate common tire scrape/rub from new tires. Will solve scrape/rub without BMC provided scrape/rub is minor usually driver's side while making hard left turn. If scrape/rub is more significant and hits body mount, then BMC is normally required and the FLAPS then provide a great cover up for the plastic area of the mud flap that must be cut away. The FLAPS are intended for those who wish to use their factory flares and mud flaps. Everything needed is included in the kit and the modification can be done in less than an hour on both sides."

Reactions: HOLYSTEEL
#10 ·
Looks like a better replacement over the factory. Thanks for sharing.

#12 ·
Never had any issues with the guards. I got the similar ones on my Sequoia also and they have been fine also.

May be somebody monkeyed with them in the past?

#13 ·
My splash guards fell apart as well. I just ran across this and ordered some to replace whats left of mine. I was thinking about making them but this makes it too easy.

#16 ·
Ripped those suckers out a long time ago :grin

#17 ·
I'm changing mine out as they are falling apart
Went the cheap route for now and pulled them off and made templates and then bought at Walmart 4 black plastics file holders and cut them out and ready to install them
Cost me a grand total of $2.00 for the pocket folders

Reactions: Sanderhawk
#26 ·
Keeps the water from splashing in... or at least slows it down a bit.

I also noticed the lack of them in my buddies Tacoma when we were wheeling through some snow for a bit.... his engine bay was caked with snow and mine was pretty bare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.