Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Got a chance to rectify a huge mistake

7K views 53 replies 34 participants last post by  SuperMegStar 
#1 ·
Back in 2008 we bought a brand new Sandstorm FJ. Over the years I had it I made some minor modifications like ARB bumper, OME lift and 285's. Then in April of 2011 I had a MAJOR brain fart and traded it in on a car that I ended up keeping for a grand total of 12 days. It literally broke my heart as the FJ had become like a family member. To this day when we see one the wife and I both talk about how we regret the choice we made back in 2011. :mecry:

For the last few years I have been periodically checking autotrader and ebay just on the off chance it might be listed. Well, last night it happened. I found our FJ. I'll be making a little road trip on Friday and as long as it's not ratted out it will be coming home again... come hell or high payment. Honestly, I don't care if it's been ratted out. :roller:

Wish me luck!

#4 ·
That's a pretty neat story,I'm glad it's heading for a happy ending[emoji1417]. When I read a post about somebody contemplating selling or trading their FJ, I always think they're making a mistake lol. I hope it's still in great shape and best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I'd really prefer not to answer this on the grounds I'd probably have to surrender my man card. :twak:

I was just looking at the paperwork from my original purchase and found something really peculiar. My original purchase was made on 12/6/2008 and I found it again on 12/6/2017. Providence.

#8 ·
Oh I know that feeling...I sold my 70 series and then when it came up for sale wondered if I should buy it back. I didn't and ended up with my FJ...and pleased with that choice.

I hope the dream isn't blown away when you go and see it. Good luck!

Reactions: bazross
#16 ·
Guess I deserve the ribbing... it was a Hyundai Genesis coupe. My neighbor called it cute and wanted to buy one for his daughter. They had already sold my FJ so I bought a Wrangler 12 days later. LOL. Guess one mistake lead to another.

#43 ·
Was it the 5.0 V8? A friend has that one & it goes like **** off a shovel...

#18 · (Edited)
I feel your pain, bro. I sold my '07 in 2015 because I had a new Taco, and then kicked my ass for the next 12 months until I found a '14 TTUE that suited me. Adios Taco!

I need a pickup truck, but I don't need one as a daily driver. If my boy ever gets his F-150 out of the garage I'm going to look for an old Taco 4X4, or a T-100, or a Hilux (I think the T-100 is a Hilux. lol).

Charlie

#21 ·
To this day when we see one the wife and I both talk about how we regret the choice we made back in 2011. :mecry:
I bring up the idea of trading the Fj for the 4runner TRD pro (proper 4 door & auto).. but she brings up the idea of me regretting it and everytime you see an FJ you're going to say "man I wish i didnt sell my FJ"

Your story could've been me.. I feel your pain

#31 ·
I was in the same boat you were in. I purchased a 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 #218 /2000. Picked it up with some basic upgrades and built transmission. Fixed up some more, made it a high 12 second car. Like an idiot, I traded it in on a 2004 GTI VR6. Worst decision of my life. Sold the GTI 2 months later, picked up a DD and bought my Galant back from a hole in the wall buy here pay here lot the big dealer sold it to. Not after it was broken into and most of the parts stolen. After lots of time and money into it, turned it into a monster. Made 519whp/435wtq. I miss this car so much, but it had to go a second time. If it pops up again, I hope I am in a position to buy it.

#33 ·
My phone died before i took delivery so no pics tonight. I just walked in the door. I have some minor electrical gremlins to sort out from the previous owner's switch/light installation but its otherwise exactly the same.

#37 ·
phone battery charged yet?

Reactions: debFJVT and Puddles
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.