Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

FJ Cruiser ranked 1st on Dependability

7K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  Serenity Now 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Good to know for resale, if your selling!

#5 ·
I believe it. Mine has 60,000 miles on her and NOTHING has broken on her yet (knock on wood). Zero recalls.

Minor issues:
1. Sea water isn't making it easier to remove the skid plates for maintenance.
2. Windshield connects with every pebble pitched like Barry Bonds on Kool-Aid.

Other than that ... love it!

Reactions: 4CampOuts16
#8 ·
Venza or 4Runner....Venza or 4Runner - now there's a choice.

Agree with @dcsamps - if the FJ/4Runner share so much how can the 4Runner not be mentioned?

But (devils advocate) - the Venza was built on the Camry base - so reliability will be there...but how can this be considered a SUV????

The Venza's mpg was not great either - so it likely went the same path as the FJ. Did not sell enough for the mpg "portfolio".

#10 ·
But (devils advocate) - the Venza was built on the Camry base - so reliability will be there...but how can this be considered a SUV????
Almost all alleged SUVs are car based now.

#9 ·
Kudos to FCA, one of their brands (Chrysler) almost made it up to industry average for reliability, that's a big jump for them. Too bad all the other FCA brands (like Jeep) are still at the bottom.

#14 ·
Exactly!

Definitely agree with the FJ Cruiser being on top of the Compact SUV category.

However, with the 4Runner being left out of the midsize SUV catagory, and the Tacoma being left out of the midsize Pickup category, I think this study may be somewhat flawed.

After all, the latest list showing resale values have the Tacoma at #1 , and the 4Runner at #2 . Doubt they would be ranked in the two top spots if they were not reliable / dependable.

#24 ·
Yeah I know...though FWIW the FJC doesn't have much more interior room than my old 08 RAV4 did...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.