Variants of FJ 2014 TTUE? - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
General Discussion This area contains general discussion regarding the Toyota FJ Cruiser that does not fit into the other technical discussion forums.

3Likes
  • 2 Post By FAUJI
  • 1 Post By FJ Crush

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question Variants of FJ 2014 TTUE?

Greetings all,

Here with my first post. Huge fan of the FJ. Should have joined earlier.

I have a few question about FJ TTUE. I know there's an Ultimate Guide to all the Team Trails and special editions. Fabulous job with the guide. I have done a lot of research on FJs but a lot of things remains unclear. That's for a different post. Ultimately I am wondering about the TTUE. I don't see anyone that has mention this but here it goes.

Now I know the TTUE has been known to be released in Heritage Blue with a white grill. The prototype was shown at SEMA was a 2012 FJ had a white grill and white badging while production had a white grill and silver Badging.

Now I have seen several FJs with full on the black grill which confused me. At first, I thought it was a "modified" blacked out grill. But I have seen multiple FJs in this configuration with fog lights and fairing on the roof rack.

Also, what are those body side protectors? in heritage blue? are these stock??

Lastly, why are there two types of TTUE Limited badges? The prototype at SEMA was silver. But there are gold ones with painted white grill. What variants are these? and are there additional "Packages"/ trim to TTUE?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170228_111235.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	380.0 KB
ID:	850722   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170228_111246.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	850730   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170228_111306.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	381.1 KB
ID:	850738   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170228_111317.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	368.7 KB
ID:	850746   Click image for larger version

Name:	FJ Cruiser Inside ultimate edition badge.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	850762  

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 08:43 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Variants of FJ 2014 TTUE?

Only two variants- AT and MT. Trim, door sill protectors, lights, etc. are aftermarket.

One Shot

Last edited by One Shot; 03-17-2017 at 08:56 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 05:48 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Variants of FJ 2014 TTUE?

Good question about the gold badge, wish mine has that. Everything else you see are modifications made by the FJ's owner. The FJ is know as being one of the best off road vehicle/platforms for modifications (sorry Jeep owners). If you have the money there always some new you can add to an FJ.

The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him for ever.
爸爸龙
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Re: Variants of FJ 2014 TTUE?

Manual and auto are the only factory choices, then it is dealer installed stuff.

Someone on this site has the actual SEMA model. I believe it was a purpose built 2012 model mocked up to be the 2014. It has the blue interior which I would have preferred.

Bone stock 2014 FJ TTUE
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 01:33 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Cool Re: Variants of FJ 2014 TTUE?

Quote:
FJ Crush previously said: View Post
Greetings all,

Here with my first post. Huge fan of the FJ. Should have joined earlier.

I have a few question about FJ TTUE. I know there's an Ultimate Guide to all the Team Trails and special editions. Fabulous job with the guide. I have done a lot of research on FJs but a lot of things remains unclear. That's for a different post. Ultimately I am wondering about the TTUE. I don't see anyone that has mention this but here it goes.

Now I know the TTUE has been known to be released in Heritage Blue with a white grill. The prototype was shown at SEMA was a 2012 FJ had a white grill and white badging while production had a white grill and silver Badging.

Now I have seen several FJs with full on the black grill which confused me. At first, I thought it was a "modified" blacked out grill. But I have seen multiple FJs in this configuration with fog lights and fairing on the roof rack.

Also, what are those body side protectors? in heritage blue? are these stock??

Lastly, why are there two types of TTUE Limited badges? The prototype at SEMA was silver. But there are gold ones with painted white grill. What variants are these? and are there additional "Packages"/ trim to TTUE?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
By the way, Thats my FJ that you took pictures of! LOL!! when i was down in seattle visiting friends few weeks back.
To add to above info, the cdn versions came with roof rack lights port installed but not the suspension and hence is called trail teams and not ultimate (Cdn versus US also some other minor differences). Mine is the US spec truck in Manual, but the grill is from 2013 and earlier trail teams, side body protectors ( mouldings) are from Fj cruiser mouldings availble in JDM, all the little differences you see are done to personalize the truck, along with the name Fauji on the left above toyota sign.
Then there are dealer/ owner installed accesories to further personalize and differentiate the trucks.

Welcome to the forum.
jimmy-buffett and FJ Crush like this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up Re: Variants of FJ 2014 TTUE?

Quote:
FAUJI previously said: View Post

Hi,
By the way, Thats my FJ that you took pictures of! LOL!! when i was down in seattle visiting friends few weeks back.
To add to above info, the cdn versions came with roof rack lights port installed but not the suspension and hence is called trail teams and not ultimate (Cdn versus US also some other minor differences). Mine is the US spec truck in Manual, but the grill is from 2013 and earlier trail teams, side body protectors ( mouldings) are from Fj cruiser mouldings availble in JDM, all the little differences you see are done to personalize the truck, along with the name Fauji on the left above toyota sign.
Then there are dealer/ owner installed accesories to further personalize and differentiate the trucks.

Welcome to the forum.

Lol! You have a very nice truck sir. That answered my question to variants of the 14 TTUE. I'm in the in the market for an TTUE but after seeing many "Unmodified" ones got me confused knowing there were only one trim for TTUE. Everyone called it the ultimate edition. So there's also the Cdn version is called the Trail Teams Special Edition with out limited edition badging.
FAUJI likes this.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > General Discussion

Tags
2014 trail teams edition

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.