V8 Fj? - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
General Discussion This area contains general discussion regarding the Toyota FJ Cruiser that does not fit into the other technical discussion forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 01:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
V8 Fj?

Any rumors that coming FY will get V8 engine? I’m not sure if it will be 4.7L V8 or bigger size but that we heard and it will be available in US market during this month
Now what do you think? V8 FJ sound cool ..I guess I will wait for it..can someone confirm this roamer

Last edited by sportman; 05-04-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 01:23 AM
Cajun Moderator

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: V8 Fj?

Quote:
sportman previously said: View Post
Any roamers that coming FY will get V8 engine? I’m not sure if it will be 4.7L V8 or bigger size but that we heard and it will be available in US market during this month
Now what do you think? V8 FJ sound cool ..I guess I will wait for it..can someone confirm this roamer
No, the FJ is being discontinued. Why would toyota throw a V8 into a vehicle that won't be around but for another year or two???

Only way your getting a V8 in there is to do it yourself. Or just add a supercharger. You would be the first person i know of to do a V8 swap into an FJ though.

2001 UZJ-100 Land Cruiser - 35" MTRs, ARBs fr/rr, 4.88s, ARB front, BIOR rear & skids, Radflo 2.5s, OME springs, 1" BL, WKOR rails, DT headers
1997 FZJ-80 Locked - Sold
2007 Supercharged FJ Cruiser - Sold
-Layton
TLCA# 20623
#3 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 01:36 AM

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
layonnn previously said: View Post
No, the FJ is being discontinued. Why would toyota throw a V8 into a vehicle that won't be around but for another year or two???

Only way your getting a V8 in there is to do it yourself. Or just add a supercharger. You would be the first person i know of to do a V8 swap into an FJ though.
With all that success how FJ will be discontinued? it's best selling car in our region..
#4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 10:05 AM
Forum Veteran

My 2 Cents:

With high gas prices, the desire for people to "Go Green," the potential for the FJ to be discontinued, and the present state of the auto industry...

I'd say there is no chance in hell a V8 model will be added.

2007 TRD SE w/ 6 MT
2007 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe w/ 6MT
#5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'd be down for a V8. Don't think it is going to happen. But, i'd be down for one. All this going green stuff won't make a real impact until we address the real problem..... the exploding human populating. We have no issues with keeping other species populations "managed". What makes us any different? If you're going to rant about god and biblical accounts of creation, save your breath. I won't read it. I'm talking on an objective level. It is scientific fact that species go through boom-bust cycles. If we don't check population growth, in fact I think it is too late, we are about to enter a crash. Bacon anyone? lol (I know mortality is low with swine flu, but one mutation could change all that).

Sorry for the rant. I've been really stressed lately and had a lot on my mind.

Mitakuye Oyasin.
#6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Any roamers that coming FY will get V8 engine? I’m not sure if it will be 4.7L V8 or bigger size but that we heard and it will be available in US market during this month
Possible but highly improbable.

We will have to wait and see...
#7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

There would be no advantage to having a V8 for the intended purpose as designed. Sure, you could spin the tires if you hacked TRAC and ATRAC. Sure, you could pull a heavier load if you upgraded the suspension/drive train.

The fact is that the FJC has plenty of power as it stands, enough to expose the diminutive rear ring and pinion as well as enough power to damage front CV's without too much trouble...

See me on ih8mud...
'07 GSJ15, well enhanced SOLD
'97 FZJ80 OME J
'77 FJ45
Olde North State Cruisers TLCA delegate
Train Hard, Rest Harder
TLCA 17784 - FCC KJ4KGF
#8 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
I heard the same rumor last year at about this time and nothing came of it then. With the state of the economy, and the future of the FJ still undecided, I don't see it happening, either. Personally, I would rather have a diesel, but that stands about as much chance of happening as the V8.

Sun Fusion 4X4 AT CQ GY DL FE XY PW CA TC QS
Mods to date: New and Improved Tire cover, with the FJ, tire tracks, and the word "Cruiser" free-hand painted
A-Trac,Dual horn,Michelin Latitude Tours with MB Chaos wheels
Florida "Shark" specialty license plate saying "KRUSR"
#9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
Toledo FJ previously said: View Post
I'd be down for a V8. Don't think it is going to happen. But, i'd be down for one. All this going green stuff won't make a real impact until we address the real problem..... the exploding human populating. We have no issues with keeping other species populations "managed". What makes us any different? If you're going to rant about god and biblical accounts of creation, save your breath. I won't read it. I'm talking on an objective level. It is scientific fact that species go through boom-bust cycles. If we don't check population growth, in fact I think it is too late, we are about to enter a crash. Bacon anyone? lol (I know mortality is low with swine flu, but one mutation could change all that).

No worries! It is good to vent every once in awhile. Speaking of the population, though, it seems like the worldwide fertility rates are below that of the replacement level, needed to keep the population from declining. IMHO, the world has to reach a "breaking point", as it can only sustain a maximum number of people.

I also apologize for the off-topic comment, but I had to make one anyway!

Sun Fusion 4X4 AT CQ GY DL FE XY PW CA TC QS
Mods to date: New and Improved Tire cover, with the FJ, tire tracks, and the word "Cruiser" free-hand painted
A-Trac,Dual horn,Michelin Latitude Tours with MB Chaos wheels
Florida "Shark" specialty license plate saying "KRUSR"
#10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Toledo FJ previously said: View Post

QFT.

The human race is outgrowing the capacities of our planet. The gene pool is only getting shallower and if a$$holes could fly this place would be a bee hive. There needs to be some type of population control, be it natural disaster, swine flu or the wrath of God, we are nearing a breaking point.

....and to get this back on topic, a V8 and a diesel option would be amazing, but not happening unless customly done. The inconvient thruth of the matter is Toyota is going to kill off the FJC from their line in the very near future. Buy them all up or run the one you have now into the ground. Enjoy every minute you are driving your FJ, I know I do.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.