1 Touch Up & 1 Touch Down Windows - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
I'd Like to Tell Toyota... This is for constructive suggestions to be made to Toyota regarding the FJ Cruiser. This is a flame free forum and heavily moderated.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 04:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1 Touch Up & 1 Touch Down Windows

I test drove one today and am seriously considering buying it (see my thread in the 4x2 forum. But one small pet-peeve was that the windows aren't one touch up & down. My Scion tC has it for both the driver and passenger side. You'd think that Toyota would make that standard across the board in all of their vehicles equipped with power windows. Small annoyance, but such a nice amenity to have once you've had it for a while. Maybe if I get it, I can figure a way out to use the switches from the tC so I can have up and down 1 touch windows. Anyone ever do this as a mod?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 06:08 AM
Kokopelli Moderator

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: 1 Touch Up & 1 Touch Down Windows

Quote:
ScottKelly911 previously said: View Post
I test drove one today and am seriously considering buying it (see my thread in the 4x2 forum. But one small pet-peeve was that the windows aren't one touch up & down. My Scion tC has it for both the driver and passenger side. You'd think that Toyota would make that standard across the board in all of their vehicles equipped with power windows. Small annoyance, but such a nice amenity to have once you've had it for a while. Maybe if I get it, I can figure a way out to use the switches from the tC so I can have up and down 1 touch windows. Anyone ever do this as a mod?
Great idea! I have never had one touch "up", but have driven plenty of rental cars that have it. VERY nice to have in a drive-thru whether it be Mickey Dee's or a bank.....

2008 Black Diamond
Toytec|Ricochet|TRD|Quickfist|Camburg|Light Racing|Hella|Ellis|MetalTech|BajaRack|Nitto TerraGrappler|DISCOUNT TIRE
TLCA Member #18690
Made in Japan, but BUILT in the U.S.A.
#3 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 12:18 PM
Forum Superstar

Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

I've always only had one touch down. Never had one touch up. Bothered the hell out of me then I figured it was a safety feature so the windows don't keep going up if your dog has his head out the window or something lol

So there are cars with one touch up, eh? Interesting

2010 4WD Army Green | Demello Single Hoop Front Bumper | OME Lift | Stock 17" Steelies | BFG KM2 255/80R17 | Blacked out | AVS Vent Visors
TLCA #: 20652

Got AG? Post up some pics!
Zombie Outbreak Response Team
Play the FJC Picture Challenge Game!

"I once got run over by a Toyota. Oh, what a feeling"

#4 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Forum Regular

My BMW's were all one touch UP and DOWN...I miss it dearly...Someone please figure something out asap! lol

BMW has a safety built in so that if the window detects pressure while going up it reverses and goes back down...
#5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Forum Regular

Same here. I've always wondered why toyota insisted on only one "auto down". My Lexus had all auto downs... maybe that's how they make the distinction between utilitarian and luxury...

Seriously, how much more could it cost to put in all autodown switches?
#6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 05:03 PM
Forum Regular

I don't think its as simple as popping in a scion switch. The two vehicles ive been in that had one touch up windows also had some kind of safety thing where if you put any resistance on the glass as it goes up, it stops... (Prevents all the youtube videos of fun decapitations i bet).

I imagine there is an extra sensor of sorts that detects that sort of thing. Just wanted to give you a headsup before you blew money on a Scion switch
#7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
ScottKelly911 previously said: View Post
This thread might help. Auto-Up-Down-Window-Switches

2010 TT
#8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Forum Veteran

Hell my wife's 2010 Prius has all four windows auto up and down. This isn't just a Lexus thing, Toyota should do it in all their cars/trucks.

07 Sun Fusion AT 4x4
SW of Chicago

"No one here gets out alive" - Jim Morrison
#9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 12:08 AM

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
mousetrap previously said: View Post
This thread might help. Auto-Up-Down-Window-Switches
Wow that's awesome! Thanks so much for finding that. I even did a search before I posted lol. That looks so easy and literally a 5-10 minute job. This is probably going to be one of my first mods. BTW, great screen name, my nickname growing up was Mouse. Nobody knew me as Scott, it was even in my yearbooks lol Thanks again for finding that writeup, can't wait to do it.

'08 Toyota FJ 2wd Titanium Silver, 3" lift, ARB Front Bumper, N-Fab Step/Nerf bars, Pro Comp 8089 wheels
'72 Porsche 911 3.6 liter, Carrera RS clone Black w/Red Carrera Script

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > I'd Like to Tell Toyota...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.