Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Have this be the new fjcruiser...

77K views 49 replies 27 participants last post by  FatJohnson 
#1 · (Edited)
Have this be the next fjcruiser...

#13 ·
Have this be the next fjcruiser...

I'm so glad you introduced this artist to me - I have truly enjoyed looking at his design work today, absolutely wonderful versions of many different vehicles (best are FJs :grin)....really excellent work :rocker::rocker: I hope Toyota actually considers his ideas!!

#22 ·
Kind of looks like a Fab 4 JK from the front. The low profile tires make me laugh. Let's air those down and see what happens. Way too Mall Crawler for my taste.

#32 ·
All of these pictures got me really excited about what Toyota could potentially do with these sorts of things! Could you imagine having a high quality Cruiser like one of these babies? I may even use some of the pictures here as inspiration when it comes time for me to go ahead and do some upgrades on my own cruiser in the future.

#33 ·
Now taking orders for these, 10k minimum deposit in Bitcoin! If operators or someone on this board with some influence with Toyota,
should forward these concepts and let Toyota know we'd be interested in buying! Hard for me to visualize what actual size they might be; but if just a little bigger than FJ with current state of the art 4wd technology, I'd be in if in 40K range, with "starter about 30-32k
If Ford thinks there;s a market for new Bronco, new Jeep, etc, surely, there would be potential for this, as opposed to just another pickup truck?

#34 ·
I’d be all over one of these! I think Toyota would have a hard time keeping up with demand if they actually produce something like this. I can’t see them building something like that and selling it at a reasonable price, but who knows..maybe they will just to reclaim their slices of the off-road pie back from Jeep?? Definitely some of the nicest looking off road designs I’ve ever seen on a vehicle. C’mon Toyota, hire this man and get producing!

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk

#37 ·
I don't know if Toyota would invest a lot of money into building an entirely new FJ from the ground up.....with that being said I'd still love to see an updated version of the FJ40 but - it wouldn't take much to take the Four Runner and shorten the frame to make it a two door - or a two door with suicide doors like the FJ. I'm not too good with photo editing but here's what I'm talking about. The FJ uses the Four Runner drivetrain and frame so it's not too much of a reach to make something like this. Ford offered a 2 door version of the Explorer years ago. Of course they'd need to lift it and put bigger tires on it or only offer it with the same suspension as the Pro series. What think you?

#39 ·
As cool as the concepts look like Toyota needs to take a page from the new 2018 Jeeps, specifically the Rubicon. They can have 33's and a small lift kit accommodates 35's. I've looked at these on dealer lots and Jeep has fixes issues with the old body styles. Hard to say how the 18's will hold up but they do come with front and rear electric lockers.

Toyota simply needs to make a less gimmicky competitor to Wrangler's with 4 doors. As much as I hate to admit it that's what most people want.

Jeep has sub-par quality to Toyota but the Wranglers are more popular then ever and FJ's are dead as disco. Doesn't make sense but that's reality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.