Factory Bluetooth - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
I'd Like to Tell Toyota... This is for constructive suggestions to be made to Toyota regarding the FJ Cruiser. This is a flame free forum and heavily moderated.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Forum Detective

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Factory Bluetooth

I am very surprised that Toyota doesn't have a factory Bluetooth option. With how many states have made it illegal to talk on the phone without a hands free devise and the obvious safety issue you would think Toyota would incorporate it into the stereo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Factory Bluetooth

Since '08 there's been a Bluetooth option. Granted it's installed at the port facility rather than in Japan but it is available, at least in the SE US.

'08 TT/SE, 6-MT w/TRD Short Shifter, Conv. Grp., Hitch, BlueConnect, Roof Rack, Rear Net, 3" Front/1.5" Rear Lift, 285/75/16 Terra Grapplers, V-1 Detector, Garmin Nuvi 5000 connected to SANYO CCA-BC200 Camera, Hi/Lo 6K HID's, DRL Resistor Disconnect, Putco LED Dome Upgrade, Abrams M-1 (Gun Blue), Tuffy Locking Center Console, Wet Okoles [Black w/"FJ Cruiser" in White], Homelink in Air Duct, Yellow LEDs in bottom of A/C Console to light switch panel & shifter area, Custom Carpeted 36"x 48"x .75" MDF Rear Shelf for my sweet Beagle to lay on so she can see out...
'06 Jeep SRT-8, '02 BMW M3 'Vert, '03 Hummer H2, '03 Blue Z-06, & my '70 Dodge SuperBee..440 6/Pk..4-Speed..Sublime Green
#3 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 08:00 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Toyota Canada offers blue tooth as well. Either pre-installed or as a take away and do it yourself type system. I'm considering this for next year as some provinces have already made it illegal to use a cell phone while driving, unless it's hands free.

Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi `s nach fhaic!

For so long as 100 men remain alive, we shall never under any conditions submit to the domination of the English. It is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but only for liberty, which no good man will consent to lose but with his life. - THE DECLARATION OF ARBROATH, 1320

Mods: Nuvi 350 GPS, XM Satellite Radio, Yaesu FTM-10R Mobile Ham, VE6RAO
#4 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 08:25 AM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
ARH1956 previously said: View Post
Since '08 there's been a Bluetooth option. Granted it's installed at the port facility rather than in Japan but it is available, at least in the SE US.
I didn't know this was available and would love to have the option. Will this work on an '07 and can you purchase at the dealer or elsewhere? Is it all integrated (hidden) once installed? Thanks for any info.

Ricochet'd

Cars can go fast... but trucks can go anywhere.
#5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Forum Regular

Have a read

Blu-Logic

Steph
#6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Forum Detective

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
STEFJ previously said: View Post
Have a read

Blu-Logic
Thanks for the link. I also called my dealer and they can get it for $229 and if I want it installed it will cost a total of $415.
I also went to Toyota's website and selected Build a New Toyota and it is not offered as a accessory or an options (using zip 80909 - Colorado Springs)..weird...
#7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 09:06 AM
Cool Breeze

I have a CrewMax Tundra 4X4 Limited with the touch screen navigation which has the bluetooth speaker system integrated. It's great but not as good as an ear piece. The Tundra is also insulated well enough that the cab is quiet enough to actually hold a conversation via bluetooth speaker. The FJ is not. I had a portable Blue Tooth speaker that snaps onto the visor and the vehicle was way to loud to use it. It would be the same for one that is mounted permanently.
Take this from someone who has been using the bluetooth headsets and speakers since they first arrived on the market back in early 2000. The FJ is simply too loud inside unless of course you have the thing totally dynamatted or something.
Hope this saves some of you money by rethinking your position. Get a JawBone bluetooth earpiece. Best sound quality I have found yet without attaching a cord and you can use it outside the vehicle.

TT Edition, 456 Gears with Front ARB Locker, 6" Rough Country, 35/12.50R16 KM2's, ARB Front and Rear Bumper with IPF Rally Lights, Baja Rack, Warn 9.5XP, Amsteel blue, Volant Cold Air Intake, Demelo Sliders, Painless dual Battery with Yellow Top Optima, ICON Remote Reservoirs front and rear piggy backs, Light racing UCA's, Outrider Suspension Armor, and of course Conbluter Valve Upgrade, and a X1200Flux Capacitor.

It’s a times when the world is at a stop that my mind can most creatively find ways to make it move.

God would never had made a mountain he didn't want man to climb. ss

To Have Wheeled and Lost is Far Greater than to have Never Wheeled. ss
#8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 02:35 PM

Does anyone know if the bluetooth unit support A2DP (i.e. msuic streaming from a bluetooth source.)?

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > I'd Like to Tell Toyota...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.