How to disable drl's? - Page 9 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Interior / Exterior Visual Tech This section contains discussion related to visual modifications of the Toyota FJ Cruiser. Some items might include dash kits, roof rack modifications and other visual modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#81 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 02:31 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Re: How to disable drl's?

Quote:
Lmmmmm previously said: View Post
no. just the low power used as driving lights. regular lighting is not affected.
Nice, thanks for the info. Going to do it right now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#82 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just want you all to know that I just unpluged the connector for the DRL's all by my little self as a woman. I did unbolt it from the wall first, that made it very simple and no more annoying DRL in someone's face It was a tight fit, but I used a small rachet and it worked!! Thanks for the info, as it has bothered me for a year now. Why have them always on??? We never needed them back in the day!
#83 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
sundancer55 previously said: View Post
Just want you all to know that I just unpluged the connector for the DRL's all by my little self as a woman. I did unbolt it from the wall first, that made it very simple and no more annoying DRL in someone's face It was a tight fit, but I used a small rachet and it worked!! Thanks for the info, as it has bothered me for a year now. Why have them always on??? We never needed them back in the day!
Welcome aboard, BTW. Good first post

2012 Quicksand AT/Offroad Pkg | BMC | Bajarack Utility Rack | All-Pro HREW Sliders | Springtail Solutions MPAC Straddle, Basket and Rear Door Racks| UltraGauge | 285/70r17 Duratracs | Hella Supertone Horns | OEM Hitch | Midland 75-822 Ex Cop Special CB package | 60" Hi-Lift X-treme mounted on Hi-Lift mounts| Spidertrax Wheel Spacers | Warn receiver shackle bracket | Avital remote starter | Radflo 2.5" extended travel coil-overs - 650 lb springs | Radflo 2.5" rear shocks with Eibach springs | Light Racing UCAs | H3R HalGuard Clean Agent fire extinguisher

#84 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 08:20 PM

ok, mine is a 2007 with hid kit, i unplugged the connector bhind the headlight and nothing, i cut and switched the small blue wire on the drl's relay bos and nothing. i do turn them off when turning off applying brake and turning on, but as sson as i release brake they turn back on. HELP,, dont wanna have to be replacing ballast or hid bulbs more than normal. by the way, these hid kits that i bought are BRIGHT! i have to turn on the hi beams because they are actually dimmer than the hid's. im wondering if thats the problem>>>
#85 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
ItzAToy previously said: View Post
Not sure if it was mentioned or not but right next to your drivers headlight (Standing in front of your rig) below the turn signal is a little panel. You will see where the panel has a gap. Take a flat head screwdriver, cover the tip with electrical tape or a rag, stick it in the gap and slightly pry the right end of the panel up (the small panel against the headlight). It will pop up. Remove it by sliding it to the right, away from the headlight. The plug will be right there in front of you.

Thanks for the tip! I couldn't squeeze my hand down there to disconnect it from the top. Took me 30 seconds following your method

2007 FJ Cruiser - Stock
1984 4Runner on 40's - Not Stock
#86 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

Thanks. Just did mine with all the info from this thread it was done in under 5min!
#87 (permalink) Old 03-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 52 Post(s)

Quote:
Codeman006 previously said: View Post
Thanks. Just did mine with all the info from this thread it was done in under 5min!
Yep, and the best thing for me was that now I can see my radio in daylight as evidently it dims it along with the headlights.
#88 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 04:03 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
ItzAToy previously said: View Post
Not sure if it was mentioned or not but right next to your drivers headlight (Standing in front of your rig) below the turn signal is a little panel. You will see where the panel has a gap. Take a flat head screwdriver, cover the tip with electrical tape or a rag, stick it in the gap and slightly pry the right end of the panel up (the small panel against the headlight). It will pop up. Remove it by sliding it to the right, away from the headlight. The plug will be right there in front of you.

I found a relatively easy way to disconnect my DLR resistor that rests beside the drivers side headlight on my 2013.
I took a putty knife (I guess you could use something similar), inserted it between the bumper and filler piece standing in front of the truck, depressed (if I remember) the clip with the putty knife & with my other hand, released/unplugged the connector from the resistor.
BINGO! DRL disabled.
I can run my parking lights and mirror lights without having those dim DRL on!

!!!!! So very easy to do once I figured out a putty knife would slide right into that space!!!!!

Takes less than 5 minutes to do!

Best Regards,
Saker

"All Gave Some, Some Gave All"

2013 TT/SE
Saker's 2013 TT/SE Build Link

Saker's EBR Pics Link
#89 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 04:39 AM
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to 53039
Supporting Member

How about disabling the horn...good god I'd like to put the .45 to it every time I hear it...
#90 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Kokopelli Moderator

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
dbcustomz previously said: View Post
How about disabling the horn...good god I'd like to put the .45 to it every time I hear it...
Replace it with a Hella dual-horn. 93db of pure heaven.

2008 Black Diamond
Toytec|Ricochet|TRD|Quickfist|Camburg|Light Racing|Hella|Ellis|MetalTech|BajaRack|Nitto TerraGrappler|DISCOUNT TIRE
TLCA Member #18690
Made in Japan, but BUILT in the U.S.A.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Interior / Exterior Visual Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.