Heated Mirror - Full Install - Page 6 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Interior / Exterior Visual Tech This section contains discussion related to visual modifications of the Toyota FJ Cruiser. Some items might include dash kits, roof rack modifications and other visual modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#51 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Heated Mirror - Full Install

Thanks for posting an online vendor...
they have the bigger ones too .. 3804
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#52 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
SwiCago previously said: View Post
Thanks for posting an online vendor...
they have the bigger ones too .. 3804
Yes they do...just changed my order

They can also order the replacement glass, Burco part #4131(driver $18) & #5226(pass $24).

Last edited by Mwhy; 04-18-2008 at 12:00 PM.
#53 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 07:55 AM

Burco | Home

Has anybody used the 4131 & 5226 Convex part number(s) in your mods? Looks like they make the mirrors for it. Wonder if this wiring harness hooks to them? I want to start this mod, but thought the whole mirror may be a little cleaner. Anybody out there tried this method?
#54 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 07:41 AM
Forum Veteran

The Burco parts (4131 & 5226 ) are simply replacement glass (should something "bad" happen when you remove the stock glass from the mirror carrier). Using the Burco glass still requires the add-on heating elements and "do-it-yourself" wiring.

Steve

2007 FJ: Titanium, 6MT, CQ, GY, UP1, C7, Z1. K&N air filter, Trail Gear sliders, In-Channel Vent Visors, Parrot CK-3100 bluetooth, Hardwired Radar Detector, Toyota/Garmin GPS, SAS fog lamp kit, Custom shift knobs, ATRAC Hack, SAS GM map light, Heated Multivex mirrors, Running light+turn signal mirror lamp mod, ScanGauge II, 200 PSI on-board air system, Siege Engineering Hammer 4 air horns, rack-mounted halogen back-up lights, VR3 backup camera.
#55 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Forum Regular

****WARNING****

Burco redi heat 3804's CANNOT be cut, even though the paperwork you get from Burco says they can be trimmed horizontally with the heating element lines. I learned the hard way Burco is looking for a better replacement then the 3801 and 3804 part numbers for me. I'll let you know what the part numbers are when I get them.

"Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver"
#56 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 12:00 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)

Quote:
Mwhy previously said: View Post
Burco redi heat 3804's CANNOT be cut,
Bummer, so they don't fit 100% .. Wonder why SwissArmySuv told me that you can use the 3804's .. I once sent him a PM asking where to buy the 3801's online and part of his PM reply was
Quote:
SwissArmySuv previously said:
if I were to do it over, I would use pad # 3804 .. this pad is a little larger and a number of the guys have used it instead of the 3801.
So from that PM, I assumed the 3804's worked...maybe he or some of the folks using the 3804's can chime in and let us know how they got them to work ???
#57 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 07:45 AM
Forum Veteran

It was my experience (when I did this almost a year ago) that Burco was putting all sorts of different shaped pads into boxes labeled 3804.. I ended up using 3801's because I couldn't find a pair of 3804's that even matched each other - never mind the pictures on Burco's website.

Steve

2007 FJ: Titanium, 6MT, CQ, GY, UP1, C7, Z1. K&N air filter, Trail Gear sliders, In-Channel Vent Visors, Parrot CK-3100 bluetooth, Hardwired Radar Detector, Toyota/Garmin GPS, SAS fog lamp kit, Custom shift knobs, ATRAC Hack, SAS GM map light, Heated Multivex mirrors, Running light+turn signal mirror lamp mod, ScanGauge II, 200 PSI on-board air system, Siege Engineering Hammer 4 air horns, rack-mounted halogen back-up lights, VR3 backup camera.
#58 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
SwiCago previously said: View Post
Bummer, so they don't fit 100% .. Wonder why SwissArmySuv told me that you can use the 3804's .. I once sent him a PM asking where to buy the 3801's online and part of his PM reply was

So from that PM, I assumed the 3804's worked...maybe he or some of the folks using the 3804's can chime in and let us know how they got them to work ???
others have used the 3804's. here they are layed out on an actual mirror cut-out.

The tab on the lower left on the second picture can be removed.
#59 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
SwissArmySuv previously said: View Post
others have used the 3804's. here they are layed out on an actual mirror cut-out.

The tab on the lower left on the second picture can be removed.
Interesting Swiss. The 3804's I received are MUCH larger then those, but shaped the same. I cut them according to the directions, and no heat I called Burco, and they sent me some replacements free of charge, since their paperwork says you can cut them horizontally. The tech I spoke with said the newer versions CANNOT be cut

I think the replacements Burco sent me are a little smaller then the 3801's...

"Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver"
#60 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Mwhy previously said: View Post
Interesting Swiss. The 3804's I received are MUCH larger then those, but shaped the same. I cut them according to the directions, and no heat I called Burco, and they sent me some replacements free of charge, since their paperwork says you can cut them horizontally. The tech I spoke with said the newer versions CANNOT be cut

I think the replacements Burco sent me are a little smaller then the 3801's...
shucks, I wonder if they made some changes?

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Interior / Exterior Visual Tech

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.