Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

IT'S BACK!! All-Pro Offroad's original FJ roofrack REDESIGNED!

223K views 754 replies 177 participants last post by  Drift 
#1 · (Edited)

NEW PRODUCT IN DEVELOPMENT AND WE WANT YOUR HELP!!

Some of you might have noticed our Product Developer dropping some teaser photos of our newly redesigned FJ roofrack on IG...
Well the rumors are true! We are in the process of cutting some weight by going with an aluminum construction and plan to offer a couple different fascias for different LED light bar sizes.

Prototype SPY photo:

As we get more details on options and pricing we will update this original post

There will be a Prototype unveiled at the FJ Summit.

We are building this one for Frosty, our company build, and will be equipped with Rigid Industries 40" SR light bar up front and 4 Rigid Industries D2's in the back :grin

_____

UPDATE 7/22/14

The FJ Summit was amazing and we were able to show off our first prototype and get so much valuable feedback!
Thank you for all that came out to support us!

Visit Page 15 for NEW PHOTOS

_____

UPDATE 8/27/14

We have been paying close attention to all of your comments and suggestions and have made the following revisions:

* Compatible with Thule and Yakama products
* We have increased the length from front to rear
* Fascia has been increased as well to hug the roof line closer
* 50” of flat area now
* Interchangeable floor panels as an option
* Roof Top Tent Compatible with optional side panels
* Details on the different side panels and floor configurations will also soon be worked out

Visit Page 20 for NEW PHOTOS

Attachments

See less See more
#277 · (Edited)
This thread is such a buzzkill. Any interest I originally had is long gone. Marketing things like this that aren't essential but very much toys relies a lot on the impulse buyer (Like me). By letting a thread linger on with no pictures, updates, prices, specs, etc, the makes interest dwindle to almost nothing.

Also, I hope you guys didn't engineer yourselves out of a decent price because of all of the changes, addons, and modifications everyone requested. It doesn't matter how cool it is, most can't afford a $2500 rack.

#278 ·
This thread is such a buzzkill.
magic.....

I feel the same way !!! :cheers:

It sucks wanting to do a mod and having to wait for what seems like an eternity.

:fu:

Reactions: fj6high
#279 ·
OH NO! All you guys losing interest, All-Pro's gonna go bankrupt! Aaaaaaahhhh!~

I love this rack and am happy to see it make a comeback, but I never have and likely never will put anything on my roof. Therefore, I'm keeping the stock rack. Maybe.

#280 ·
I still like the rack.

I also just spent $1200 on a carport and some repairs, so i have a bit more time to spend scraping pennies out of the couch....

#282 ·
Hey man if you could build your self one you should just build five more because you can sell them all before X-Mas! Now get busy because some people have deep pockets and just want this style of rack lol.

Reactions: thegrillebadgestore
#286 ·
5 months does seem a bit excessive to design and build a roof rack that had already been successfully produced in the past. It's not a super complicated accessory and only really needed some modifications to the preexisting design. I believe there was even a prototype presented at summit?
On the other hand they maybe they are swamped with orders for their normal product offerings and are working on the rack when they have time. Maybe they are short manpower. Maybe, maybe...
There's really no foul either way. If you want the rack bad enough you will wait for it. If the wait gets to be to long you'll move on and buy something else. I personally will wait to see what the price is before making a decision on what rack I am going to get. The wait is not as important as the price.
Either way there's no reason to get to excited.

#288 ·
:lol: and apparently lack of design creativity is a shared trait because they always want to copy someone else's design.

#291 ·
As long as this thread keeps interest more and more people will see and want this newer version rack. I for one really like it and will just keep saving more cash to buy. All Pro has never went from a concept to inception in a fast time.

But all anyone of us can do is just wait and see and believe me you that's what All Pro is doing. They probably making sure they can sell at least 50 units to start to make it worth their time. So if you see what they have in the works comment on how good it's going to look on your FJ....MAYBE they will get the lead out! Lol

Reactions: Woodsman
#293 ·
Okay guys this is from a different allpro thread specifically the one designing the wind fairing. but read the last sentence sounds promising!!! ::))))

Thanks for the input guys.

This is a first prototype and we are making some changes to make it look and fit cleaner. It will not touch the roof, we are extending the sides out a little farther, all hardware will be stainless button heads.

We are currently finishing our final prototype on the full Aluminum roof rack and should be able to post pics next week with pricing and availability too.

Reactions: Carolina Fan 45
#297 ·
I'm interested in hearing more about the interchangeable floors. I had a gobi last time and am planning on it again but well see where this heads too. One thing I like about both this and the gobi is that they fit the contour of the roof

#298 ·
Hey All-Pro do you know what time of flooring your going to offer? I want to be able to be up on my roof to shoot lying prone or observe wild life through a spotting scope so it would be great to have some sort of grated floor as an option. Also do you know how we can mount things to the side? I'd like to put a folding tarp and high lift or ax/shovel.

#301 ·
^^ What he said. ^^

I'm thinking of buying a Tundra, and I'd like to get the rack before I can't afford it anymore.

That, and the space under my Xmas tree is pretty bare.

#302 ·
All I can say is that we are working on it. We have quite a few development projects going on here at All-Pro that have been overlapping and taking up time.

We are sorry for the delay in the release of this item but we strive to make it as perfect as possible.

The final rack is sitting here at the shop just waiting to be fitted on the FJ when I get a chance this coming week or two. We hope that this will be the final bought and do believe that everyone will enjoy the product as much as we do.

#306 ·
Sadly, I did not find one under my Christmas tree this morning.

Maybe Santa is still at the fab shop.

He needs to whip those elves into gear!

#307 ·
Hopefully there is a "cost friendly" steel version in the plans. Can't justify blowing hundreds of dollars for an aluminum version. Honestly this is the nicest looking rack out there but if it's more than a Baja Rack then it's not in my plans. We'll wait an see

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#309 ·
? Any ballpark price figures yet on both versions? Assuming aluminum will be well over $1k and hopefully steel will be less.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#317 ·
As with most modifications and wrenching, I find things always take longer than expected.

I'm hoping the longer wait means a superior product.

Sure hope its available before the spring camping season!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.