Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

IT'S BACK!! All-Pro Offroad's original FJ roofrack REDESIGNED!

223K views 754 replies 177 participants last post by  Drift 
#1 · (Edited)

NEW PRODUCT IN DEVELOPMENT AND WE WANT YOUR HELP!!

Some of you might have noticed our Product Developer dropping some teaser photos of our newly redesigned FJ roofrack on IG...
Well the rumors are true! We are in the process of cutting some weight by going with an aluminum construction and plan to offer a couple different fascias for different LED light bar sizes.

Prototype SPY photo:

As we get more details on options and pricing we will update this original post

There will be a Prototype unveiled at the FJ Summit.

We are building this one for Frosty, our company build, and will be equipped with Rigid Industries 40" SR light bar up front and 4 Rigid Industries D2's in the back :grin

_____

UPDATE 7/22/14

The FJ Summit was amazing and we were able to show off our first prototype and get so much valuable feedback!
Thank you for all that came out to support us!

Visit Page 15 for NEW PHOTOS

_____

UPDATE 8/27/14

We have been paying close attention to all of your comments and suggestions and have made the following revisions:

* Compatible with Thule and Yakama products
* We have increased the length from front to rear
* Fascia has been increased as well to hug the roof line closer
* 50” of flat area now
* Interchangeable floor panels as an option
* Roof Top Tent Compatible with optional side panels
* Details on the different side panels and floor configurations will also soon be worked out

Visit Page 20 for NEW PHOTOS

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
As we get it all dialed in we will add the full specs.

G'day,
Looks great.....
My only suggestion would be to raffle one off at Summit.... :rofl:
I can fit it in to my luggage allowance ...trust me.

But seriously, being AL, can we pick colours to have it anodised ?

Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:
hmmm... thats a good suggestion :wink

We won't be offering an anodized option on these but if you have someone local to you that can do it we would love to see how it turns out! Anodizing does however fade over time so your investment into going that route might not be money well spent :|

You could have it painted to match your FJ though or just go the powder coating route.

#7 ·
that looks awesome. I love the idea of integrating mounting points for front and read lighting.

if you design it around rigid lights, do you think cree's would fit as well? or other off brand lighting products? surely you can't go and test everything before you design that portion but I'm wondering if it would be possible to design some space in there to ensure that multiple light bar brands would work.

at any rate, that thing is sweet.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#13 ·
Hmm...........I love it. Problem is I traded the FJ off on a Tundra which it won't fit now. However with a floor and some legs it would make a great coffee table. Although the 40" bar and 4 D2s will probably be a little bright for mood lighting or reading......

Looking great guys!!

Reactions: FatJohnson
#21 ·
We won't be producing that one at this time unfortunately.

Damn, I am pumped pumped pumped. I am going to start saving as soon as I get back to work and start making money. Any idea on how much it will cost all said and done?
We are still working on the pricing but won't know for certain until we get the first one made to add up the material and time involved. We will post the prices and options though the minute we get it figured out – likely in the next week or two.

Design looks nice and I like the integrated mounting for lighting.

What about mounting things like Hi-Lift jack, shovel, ax? What are the plans for mounting these?
With this design it might be difficult to mount them on the sides with the dimple plates but they will be removable. Mounting these type of items to the bottom of the rack is of course an option also though. As we dial this in we will keep those mounts in mind :bigthumb:

Looks awesome :bigthumb:. If I can afford it and it is at least equal to or lower than OEM then I am in. Group buy for the first run :stickpoke:?
We don't see a GroupBuy on these anytime soon but I think we are really close to the stock height at this point. Full specs will be released within the next week or two.

Yes on the optional floor!
Would you like to see it as a 3-piece floor so you can have partial or a full floor platform?

#15 ·
Damn, I am pumped pumped pumped. I am going to start saving as soon as I get back to work and start making money. Any idea on how much it will cost all said and done?

#16 ·
Design looks nice and I like the integrated mounting for lighting.

What about mounting things like Hi-Lift jack, shovel, ax? What are the plans for mounting these?

#17 ·
Looks awesome :bigthumb:. If I can afford it and it is at least equal to or lower than OEM then I am in. Group buy for the first run :stickpoke:?

#19 ·
Uhhhhh all I gotta say is: FOR SALE - ARB Full Rack, Charlotte, NC!

Gotta get me one of these bad boys!

Reactions: FatJohnson
#20 ·
Subscribed, love the look! Like the plans for integrated lights. Floor option would be great. Maybe some small clamps, or a channel system to hold lighting wires nice and snug against the rails... Can't wait to see more!

#22 ·
I really like it, great job! Looks like it breaks down well for shipping.

One question, what about carrying longer items, such as canoes/kayaks, ski boxes and roof top tents? Is there a way to add two cross bars flush at the top, so these items can be clamped down and overhang the front, back or sides of the rack if need be?

#23 ·
Where the heck is smalldog! He should be drooling :lol:

Looks great guys! I like it and if I could get some measurements from the highest point of the roof to the top- I can see if it would fit in my garage (reason Im topless now). I also have an older twin row 40" E Series Rigid light that needs a home- this could be the ticket.

Love that its Al- thats awesome weight savings there :bigthumb:

#27 ·
Id like the floor installed to make it hold smaller items easier.

I'd use mine to carry the Mother-In-Law :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.