Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Cargo Area Tie Down Points

10K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Hugo Notte 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a good method of connecting to these T shaped things, what do you even call them? Id like to stow a bag back here and use bungee cords or something to hold it in place however, the hooks on most bungee cords dont seem to seat well. Can you replace them with D-Rings?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
G'day,
If you remove the handbag hook, you will find either an M6 or M8 weld nut behind it.
sorry I can't remember if its M6 or M8, but once its removed you can fasten anything you like there. A simple method would be to stick an eye bolt into it, or hook, or get fancy and create your own anchor method.
You could also look at a Springtail Mpac side rack that uses these two mounting points to secure a useful cargo rack to the side ..... Springtail are a vendor here, so have a look at their options in the vendor section.
cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

#5 ·
Thanks all, those are exactly what i was looking for!

#7 ·
I have a small duffel with work stuff in it that I only use once in a while. It would sit nicely on the shelf there with a couple of bungee cords to hold it in place.

#8 ·
Took forever to find metric eye-bolts, couldn't find them at Lowes or Home Depot. Finally found them locally at Tacoma Screw. Works great now.

#12 ·
Very slick and looks functional.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.