Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

What do you think about those grilles?

6K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  EDFONG 
#1 · (Edited)
The grille assembly is the most noticeable part of the car or truck. So thе main thing to keep in mind is that the style of grille greatly affects the overall appearance of your vehicle. Check out these T-Rex and GrillCraft grilles for 2007-2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser.
Look up the prices and other necessary details at CARiD.com: Toyota FJ Cruiser billet & mesh grilles at CARiD.com

Would you install them on your FJ Cruiser?

T-Rex® - X-Metal Series Polished Mesh Grille

- Includes patented X-Metal grille logo;
- Comes with installation instructions;
- Installs as a grille insert that replaces the center factory grille while retaining the factory grille shell;
- Proudly made in the USA!

T-Rex® - Polished Billet Grille

- Constructed from aircraft quality 6061/6063 billet aluminum;
- Proudly made in the USA!

GrillCraft® - SW Series Polished Heavy Mesh Grille

- Come with hardware and instructions;
- Limited Lifetime Warranty!

You can get just the main grille or complete combo of main + bumper grilles.

Read more information about the manufacturers here:
GrillCraft - http://www.carid.com/grillcraft/
T-Rex - http://www.carid.com/t-rex-grilles/

See other available accessories for your FJ Cruiser here.

See less See more
#7 ·
I wouldn't add one, but a few of them look ok. I generally do not make aesthetic upgrades to a vehicle like the FJ because I don't really give a $hit what it looks like, as long as it works in the terrain I want it to.

:cheers:

#9 ·
From a visual aesthetic perspective, you wouldn't want the front grille to be the most noticeable part. You would want people to notice the beauty of the FJ as a whole. Anything that draws attention to one part may make it look like it doesn't belong. For instance, you dress someone up with a formal black tuxedo, and give him bright red sox, all eyes go to the sox.

If you look at the Trail Teams Edition, it looks a bit more exclusive, because the roof is the body color, and the silver pieces are all uniformly black, i.e., they are less distracting, because they do not draw attention. What you appreciate is the overall truck shape, not its parts.

Of course, this is assuming the FJ was intended to look classy and elegant, which it was not necessarily. So you can do whatever you want. LOL.

#12 ·
I prefer oem, but #1 is pretty cool.

#2 and #3 look pretty cheesy IMO :cheers:

#14 ·
All are pretty much FUGLY to my eye... Maybe for the ricer version FJ...

#16 ·
#17 ·
Reminds me a little of:

Not my style, but I guess it works for some!

#18 ·
It looks like you could fit some LEDs in the two center and a pair of halogens on the two outer...

You're welcome. :jester:

Reactions: desertfox73
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.