Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Need help with ARB bumper

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  1911gunner 
#1 ·
I'm trying to take off the plastic cover for the directional and fog lights on my 07. The nuts seem to be rusted on to the bolts. I've hit them with about 1/2 can of liquid wrench and no joy. Worse, the whole bolt/nut is spinning inside the plastic...

Are the nuts lock nuts? I'm at the point where i'm going to hit it with heat after rinsing some of the LW off so I don't burn my truck up.

One more question, on TRDparts4U, are the "triangular inserts" the plastic outer insert that i'm having trouble with? Or the inner metal insert that secures the directional that I'm trying to change.

Any and all help would be appreciated.
Don

#2 ·
I had the same exact problem when changing my directional lights! Luckily I had a bad connection and the lights work now ? but will face that problem again when I have the bumper re-powdercoated. I contacted ARB about it. IIRC this is an older version and requires different part numbers for replacement directionals due to the size and the way they mount. The part numbers for the directionals are 6821151L and
6821151R. I'm unsure if the fogs mount differently. I would call ARB directly like I did.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 · (Edited)
I bought the LED kit to convert the lights, but I cant get the plastic cover off the front to get at the lights to remove them and get the rest of the job done. Frustrating! The bolt keeps spinning inside the plastic so I can't get the nut to come loose... I've tried heat, LW, grabbing the end of the bolt with vice grips...all to no avail.

I'm going to have to get new plastic covers. I looked them up online and I think the P/N is 3163015. Is that the part that is different? Its a different number than in the install manual that I downloaded, but the parts look identical. I'll take good advice and call ARB. Thanks.

BTW - the LEDs are from ARB.

#4 ·
I'de call ARB and double check all the part numbers. Make sure you tell them you have the metal backing on the lights/triangles. I think that's what has changed in their design. When I first ordered directionals they didn't fit due to a design change. I had to tell them I had the lights with the metal piece on the back.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.