Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Emblem in the steering wheel

7K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  b_minus 
#1 ·
Has anyone removed the emblem from the steering wheel? Can it be removed?

#2 ·
havent on the FJ but interested in doing this to paint it - I have a chrome phobia due to the miles of chrome on my '64.

Buddy did it on his Tacoma by just pulling on it, then double side taped it back. Hopefully he never has an airbag deployment as I would have to think that its just a projectile at this point.

#3 ·
I've considered doing something about the steering wheel. I love Toyota, but I hate their Mexican sombrero logo. I removed it from the back the day I brought my FJ home. unfortunately, I'm not sure there's a way to completely remove it because it feels like it's indented in there.

#5 ·
I hate their Mexican sombrero logo.
Ditto. I would much rather have the Toyota spelled out than their "global" marketing logo. I hate staring at it on my steering wheel. I will be taking the one off the back once I get my replacement emblem. ;)

#10 ·
my buddy just pulled on the one one his Taco till it came out. There were posts and little tabs on the ends. Some of the tabs came off, but a few remained. So he painted it and stuck it back in with a little double sided tape. Though, I suspect if the airbag deploys he will be wearing that sombrero.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.