Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

UPDATE: CalTrend Seat Covers

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Invisibleempire 
#1 · (Edited)
Folks,
Anyone using and have feedback on the CalTrend seat covers? I know most seem to go for the WO.

Amazon.com: CalTrend Front Row Bucket Custom Fit Seat Cover for Toyota FJ Cruiser - NeoSupreme (Light Grey Insert and Black Trim): Automotive

Cheers
After initially holding off on the CalTrend Seat Cover Set, I decided to go ahead and try them out because they are made in USA. Despite some reviews I had read, these are actually really nicely made and excellent fitting covers for only $145 when on sale. Maybe they were priced higher before, so I could not justify the risk, but I can assure everyone that these are the best fitting ones you will find at this price point and the closest available in design and neoprene-like material to the expensive Wet Okole brand which are actually the best true neoprene covers you can buy if price is no issue. The newer reviews on Amazon are highly positive as well. Unlike any Chinese product, these can be purchased without fear that they are made of hazardous materials soaked in poison with a noxious odor. These covers have no odor at all and fit on the FJ seats like gloves. In fact, I would pay at least $50 for just the two armrest covers which add padding with fabric that doubles the comfort of the factory armrests. The only issues I encountered were the installation instructions were pretty generalized and keeping the outside edges tucked around the seat adjustment knobs and levers on the driver's side. I also ordered a set without front seat airbag cut outs even though I have a 2014 to get a more OEM look with no additional Velcro openings. This might prevent proper airbag deployment, but heck, it is the airbags that are killing and injuring people anyway, so blocking them might actually save lives. Instead of waiting weeks or months for other brands to make them to order, Amazon delivered these well packaged from CalTrend in only 8 business days. Finally, I would say that the CalTrend Seat Covers are a must have minimum if you intend to protect the fairly lightweight Toyota seat material at all from excessive wear, spills, and stains. Front and rear seat cover sets are available and sold separately in a variety of colors. I only bought the front set with charcoal inserts as pictured. They are actually cheaper than a good set of floor mats, so grab a set and feel pretty good about it.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.