Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

after market accessory meter

6K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Sanderhawk 
#1 ·
got my fj yesterday, but i didnt get the assessory meter option on it, i really like how it looks, and the compass and the outside temp meter is very useful to me. i was wondering if there is any aftermarket design like the toyota or cooler than the toyota one???? any company that make these kind of stuff?

#2 ·
I haven't ever seen any and i have been on this forum for a little while. Can get a compass if you have a gps. temp gauge i don't know and i have seen one or two people add a inclinometer but i didn't think any of them looked as good as the oem set up. I think you can buy it from the dealer.

#3 ·
There is a company that makes a small version of it. It has a compass, temp gauge, and an inclinometer. I've seen it at Pep Boys it is about an 1/8 the size of the oem one. Which is probably a good thing, looking over and around that gauge cluster is a pain in the a$$ sometimes.

#7 ·
I don't have the cluster, didn't want it. With the limited viewing out the front anyway, no regrets I don't have that thing in the way. Plus I can lay tons of other stuff on the dash, makes an awesome shelf.

#10 ·
How tall are you guys. When i sit in the FJ the cluster is not blocking my field of vision at all. The hood sticks out further then how high the cluster is.

#12 ·
Me too.. It's the last thing that would get in my way. The top of the windshield is pretty low and with the sun visor down it's sort-a like an armored vehicle:cowsmile:

I like the look of it up there, the dash is just too big and flat without something there. I'd just "suck it up" and have the dealer's "personalization shop" (new car get ready) install it for you. They'll give you half price on labor over the service department. Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.