Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

My Stainless snorkel arrived!

26K views 35 replies 22 participants last post by  fairbro 
#1 · (Edited)
I ordered a stainless snorkel from Australia for the rig and it arrived today. I hope to get it installed Sunday.
I'll post pics of the install.

See less See more
#5 ·
Interesting .. who makes that one?

#9 · (Edited)
It's the same company I purchased mine from, you just cannot see the decal. It has an optional decal that shows with the sun at different angles.
I'll be removing the decal on mine with a hair dryer after it's installed and a Pic for their shop gallery .

I was looking at the flex tubing that came with the kit and am thinking that was a great idea. It's really heavy material with the copper wire support, never seen anything like it. The flexibility reduces the required degree of precision required for the install. It's extremely hard to puncture with a screwdriver or drill bit (tried on the end), as it just stretches, however, I worry about wear spots over time where it will sit against the fender wall. To that end, I came up with a way I think will ensure no wear damage over time yet maintain the flexibility. After the tube is mounted on the stainless snorkel I'm going to cover it with two layers of nylon pipe sock, then cover that with a split piece of 4" french drain that I will zip closed every three inches. It should be that easy.

I didn't start the install this weekend, but will next weekend.
It looks like a two to three-hour job.

#10 ·
Still a little cheaper than an acutual ARB Safari. It l looks cool!

#15 ·
Looks real nice:rocker:
Can u shoot a pic of the engine bay setup...Thanks

#23 ·
Looks sick on your rig since its already so hooked up. On many others though, or even a moderately close-to-stock truck I think it would look a little silly. Like a big rig stack.

Reactions: jamesepoop
#29 ·
Sorry posted to facebook and neglected the forum.

1) The engine bay looks OEM with the snorkel, that is why i didn't see a point in taking any pics. This shows you how it connects to the OEM housing.

2) This is the amount of 4" stainless that shows on the inside of the fender with either their install or my new small custom.

3) I wrapped the polly pipe in two nylon sleeves. The pipe is industrial and my dad said the cloth was overkill if there wasn't much movement.
But i'm not done with my overkill. The sleeve is zipped every third fold.

4) I cut some extra 4" PVC and set a 1/2 on top and the other on the bottom and zip tied.

5) All installed with some fresh flat black in the wheel well. Still wet!

6) Inside the hood with my small mod.

I'm going to order a 4" 90-degree rubber connector and 45-degree runner connector and 24" of 4" stainless and remove the polly tube all together this next summer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.