Picking it up in 2 hours - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Introductions & New Arrivals New to FJCruiserForums? Come on it and tell us about yourself. Just get your new FJ? Post about it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Picking it up in 2 hours

Hey guys,

I've been on the hunt for a winter vehicle for the last few months. I special ordered a 2013 Shelby GT500 September 7th and have been looking for a daily driver ever since. The Shelby is scheduled to be built on Nov 28th, so delivery will be in the next few weeks. I was getting a bit worried I wouldn't find another vehicle in time and that I would have to drive the Shelby in the winter (not that winters get all that bad here, but it's still a lousy choice when it's shoe'd in race rubber made for summer temps only).

I was looking at several different vehicles as options, but nothing was really sparking me. I even considered the new 4wd Escape. It would work for bad weather and gets 31mpg. Looked nice, but no excitement in it at all. I was trying to stick with vehicles obtained through the Ford dealership since I could get a discount for buying 2 cars from them at once. Was looking at their used lot and saw a Jeep Wrangler 4x4 that I thought was pretty fun looking. I wanted more room though, so it put me on the path that eventually lead me to the FJ. There were none my dealer had any leads on, so I just figured I'd have to wait and see.

Wednsday rolls around and I get a call from my dealer, "Hey man, guess what just rolled up on my lot? A sweet FJ a guy wants to trade in on a new F150. Come down here and tell me if you want it." I work just down the street from the lot so I ran by there on my lunch break. I wasn't very excited because the liklihood of it being what I want was low. I really wanted silver, and yellow or blue was a possibility if I had to compromise, but I didn't want a black or white or red one. All I ever see around here are black ones, so I didn't have my hopes up.

Anyway, I pull up into the dealer lot, roll around front, and slide into the parking spot right next to....a gorgeous silver FJ! Ok, now I'm getting excited. After a quick chat, we come to an agreement. I'll take it. We couldnt' do anything that day since it was so close to Thanksgiving and they still had to do the trade on the F150, but I called on it this morning and they changed the oil, put new brake pads on the front, and are detailing it as we speak. Car will be ready for me in 2 hours.

I don't know anything about these trucks, nor 4x4 vehicles in general. All my previous vehicles have been V8 sportscars so this is a whole new world for me. I'm really excited to learn about this side of the automotive addiction and can't wait to have you guys educate me all about what I've just blundered into.

Last edited by Lethalchem; 11-23-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 11:06 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Picking it up in 2 hours

Congrats. Post pictures of it and the new Shelby when you get it! Welcome to the forum.

2011 TTSE: RIP

2013 TTSE: 2.5" Fox coilovers w/resis, Fox 2.0" 8-Way Adjustable Rear Shocks, 3.5" All-Pro Springs, Demello Sliders, Demello 3-Hoop Bumper, 305/70/16 Goodyear MT/Rs, 16" Raceline Renegade Rims, Expo-One Washer Bottle, Ricochet LCA Skids, Cobra CB, Bandi Mount, Metal Tech Lower Links, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 2 Baja Designs Squadrons

Link to my build: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ome-build.html
#3 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 119 Post(s)

Hello and welcome!

A grilled cheese, please!
#4 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Dirty Old Man

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1313 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome!

When I die you can bury me beneath these Western Skies, Yippee-ay! (Chris LeDoux)
#5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats! Silver rocks

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
#6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)

Congratulations and welcome. What year, and what was the price?

Metal Tech/Radflo Stage 3; Radflo 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers, Radflo 2" Rear Shocks, Radflo 2" Rear Lift Springs, Total Chaos UCAs, Metal Tech Offset Rear Lower Links, Metal Tech Tube Bumper with Winch Mount, Engo E10000S, Metal Tech Outpost Off Road Sliders, Metal Tech Tube Rear Bumper, Metal Tech Light Bar, Rigid E-Series LED Lighting, PIAA 520 Ion Crystal Driving, PIAA 520 Ion Crystal Fog, XD 797 Spy Gloss Blk Machined 17x9 -12mm, 285/70R17 Goodyear DuraTracs, Ricochet HD Skids, Baja Rack Drop-in Basket, Cobra 75WXST, Firestik, Boztec, BMC, 60" Hi-Lift, Factor 55 ProLink, sPOD, Ellis Precision
#7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Forum Master

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Garage

Congrats and welcome to the forum that is a great combo of cars.

My Build:07 Black Cherry 6MT

You haven’t really failed, because you haven’t really tried to succeed. So don’t credit yourself as a failure. You’re worse than that.
- Take Me Home Tonight

#8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Buggy Building Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Congrats, thats two fun toys you'll have there!
#9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Nice! You'll love it! Welcome to the forum!

'08 TT/AT/Full Skids/BFG RT/16" TRD
Build: Mission: FJ Overlander
Lots to go!
#10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)

Congrats and Welcome!

>>>>>>>>>>2010armygreens slow build<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>ArmyGreens M416 Build<<<<<<<<

Garage
2010 FJ Army Green
2014 FJ Iceberg
M416 Trailer
Maggiolina Grand Tour

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Newbie Town > Introductions & New Arrivals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.