New Hampshire new owner - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Introductions & New Arrivals New to FJCruiserForums? Come on it and tell us about yourself. Just get your new FJ? Post about it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 06:15 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: New Hampshire new owner

Welcome... what area of New Hampshire? A "chick" car? I was told yesterday that Chuck Norris would drive an FJ and be proud, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 07:52 PM
Forum Veteran

Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome from Colorado.

2007 BC 6MT 4X4

ColoradoFJC.com
#13 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 11:47 PM
Forum Superstar

Location: Clovis, Quail Lake (So. Cal.) & Yosemite National Park (Nor. Cal.)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)

Howdy!

When it comes to cars, there is always a better deal down the road. I think you got a fair deal for what you bought, so enjoy it without regrets.

'08 Sun Fusion
'08 Highlander Hybrid, Black
Current view from my front porch.
http://pixelcaster.com/yosemite/webcams/ahwahnee2.jpg

Workin' where off-roading can get you a ticket...or worse.
#14 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 07:54 AM
Buggy Building Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Welcome to the forum
#15 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 08:05 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Welcome!

--
'07 TRD
3" Adjustable Toytec Lift | TLCA#18775 | K2TRL |
July 2014 Issue! | Stickers & Maps!

Find us on Facebook & Twitter too!
#16 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 09:49 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
870pilot previously said: View Post
I was told yesterday that Chuck Norris would drive an FJ and be proud.
Damn Right..!

Fact: Superman wears "Chuck Norris" Pajamas to bed.

TLCA Member

TOTH 2012 | FJ Summit 2013 | Moab
2012 FJ Cruiser | Silver Fresco Metal | AT
#17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 02:12 PM

(Thread Starter)

Yeah, I feel better about it today. It might have been a great deal, or it could have had major problems down the road (people who get repo'ed probably skimp on maintenance). Bottom line is I couldn't be happier with my ride and I have a maintenance log showing what the previous owner did to it. I'm moving forward. Hopefully that FJC makes someone else very happy.

By the way, I went on day trip recently and was surprised to get 20.5 mpg when I filled up. It was mostly highway miles and I was running the recommended 91 premium fuel, but still I figured 18-19 tops. I would have been lucky to get 17 in my old Liberty. Anyway, I'm thrilled with everything about it
#18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to MattM Send a message via Skype™ to MattM

I did a little digging on this repo'd FJ for $11,300.

The company certainly looks legit at first glance. They claim to be the US branch of an Austrian company. Their web site lists an Austrian address as well as a U.S. address in Nevada, and has a telephone number. I emailed them about this vehicle and they answered all my emails quickly and in good english. They ran a CarFax report on the FJ and gave me the VIN. Everything concerning the vehicle checked out. Two owners, and is currently in Ohio. However, I did find an old for sale listing on the web, with a price of $29,500, and the photos in that listing are the exact same ones as on the repo site. That's a little suspicious.

If it is a bank repo, the price might make sense - the bank only wants to recover their loss and not have to store the vehicle any more. They said they will deliver the vehicle to my home free of charge. That was a little suspicious as well since there can't be a lot of margin left after the delivery charges.

In any case, I played along and they sent me a bill of sale and purchase agreement for me to sign. The payment terms would have me wire money to a bank account in Austria. Also, in the sales agreement, I had 10 days after delivery to accept the car, and if I rejected it, they would start the refund process and cover the shipping to return it - again, a little too generous to be believed.

First I tried to check their address in Nevada. There is a small industrial park at the listed address, but I can find no references to their company actually being there, except on their web site. Google street view does not show any building with their signage. The telephone number looks like a legitimate Nevada number, but a reverse lookup shows it to be unlisted. I did not try calling it.

Next I checked the web site. First red flag is that the domain name was registered for the first time only a month ago. Scam companies will register new domain names regularly - as soon as it becomes known that their current one is a fraud site. Second red flag - it is registered through a privacy protect company - no details on the registrar are available. Next I started checking on the domain's IP address and name servers. There are two authoritative name servers listed, both in Russia. BIG red flag. The IP address of the domain also traces to Russia, and the IP address has been associated with at least 24 other domains, some of them dealing with car sales.

So, IMO, this is a Russian fraud scheme. Your money goes to an Austrian bank, probably similar to a Swiss numbered account so you can never find info on the account holder, and you never get the car. This FJ is a real vehicle, but it is not legitimately for sale by this company or at this price.

- Matt
#19 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 03:02 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
MattM previously said: View Post
I did a little digging on this repo'd FJ for $11,300.

The company certainly looks legit at first glance. They claim to be the US branch of an Austrian company. Their web site lists an Austrian address as well as a U.S. address in Nevada, and has a telephone number. I emailed them about this vehicle and they answered all my emails quickly and in good english. They ran a CarFax report on the FJ and gave me the VIN. Everything concerning the vehicle checked out. Two owners, and is currently in Ohio. However, I did find an old for sale listing on the web, with a price of $29,500, and the photos in that listing are the exact same ones as on the repo site. That's a little suspicious.

If it is a bank repo, the price might make sense - the bank only wants to recover their loss and not have to store the vehicle any more. They said they will deliver the vehicle to my home free of charge. That was a little suspicious as well since there can't be a lot of margin left after the delivery charges.

In any case, I played along and they sent me a bill of sale and purchase agreement for me to sign. The payment terms would have me wire money to a bank account in Austria. Also, in the sales agreement, I had 10 days after delivery to accept the car, and if I rejected it, they would start the refund process and cover the shipping to return it - again, a little too generous to be believed.

First I tried to check their address in Nevada. There is a small industrial park at the listed address, but I can find no references to their company actually being there, except on their web site. Google street view does not show any building with their signage. The telephone number looks like a legitimate Nevada number, but a reverse lookup shows it to be unlisted. I did not try calling it.

Next I checked the web site. First red flag is that the domain name was registered for the first time only a month ago. Scam companies will register new domain names regularly - as soon as it becomes known that their current one is a fraud site. Second red flag - it is registered through a privacy protect company - no details on the registrar are available. Next I started checking on the domain's IP address and name servers. There are two authoritative name servers listed, both in Russia. BIG red flag. The IP address of the domain also traces to Russia, and the IP address has been associated with at least 24 other domains, some of them dealing with car sales.

So, IMO, this is a Russian fraud scheme. Your money goes to an Austrian bank, probably similar to a Swiss numbered account so you can never find info on the account holder, and you never get the car. This FJ is a real vehicle, but it is not legitimately for sale by this company or at this price.
Wow, for a minute I thought I was reading the script for a NBC 20/20 undercover investigation. Well, done. What do you do for a living? Ummmmm nevermind, you'd probably have to kill me.

Like posted, if it seems to good to be true... in this case, NYET!

Cheers to New Hampshire and Vermont!
#20 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 07:43 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
New Hampshire new owner

Welcome aboard !!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 black 4x2 cruiser
Her name is rhino and she is a tuff as a rhino
convenience package with a freakin sweet back up camera.
Raptor toyota letters on a all black grill.
Running BFG rugged terrain t/a 265/70/17 with strike 6 level 8's (17s) all black with all black lug nuts
Windows and hood deflector via weathertech
Industrial forming center piece (because Im ocd and have to have that covered!!)
Fj offroad team decal
still working on paying her off then I will finish modding her
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Newbie Town > Introductions & New Arrivals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.