New Hampshire new owner - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Introductions & New Arrivals New to FJCruiserForums? Come on it and tell us about yourself. Just get your new FJ? Post about it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New Hampshire new owner

Hello everyone!

I just bought a 2008 silver FJC with 68k miles for $18.5k last week. It has lots of extras and was listed at $21k so I thought it was a pretty good deal. I hit some black ice and had rolled my 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade a couple weeks prior so I didn't have the luxury of waiting around for the perfect deal to come along.

Part of my reason for registering today is because I stumbled across a deal on an fjc that makes me feel like I made a huge mistake. Its at repocar4sale.com/vehicle/8 and is a 2010 TTSE special edition with 18.6k miles listed for only $11.3k. I found it on craigslist nh and it seems like an insanely good deal. Can someone please tell me that I didn't make a mistake and that for some reason this repo would have been a terrible vehicle to buy? Right now I have buyers remorse even though I love my FJC...

Last edited by Jumbo; 02-26-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 10:00 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: New Hampshire new owner

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you got a good deal. As for the other deal on the 2010 TTSE that sounds too good to be real? Enjoy your FJC!

'07 Voodoo Blue/6MT/Roof Rack/Towing Package/ALL-PRO-Front Bumper w/Prerunner Light Bar, Rock Guards, Full Skid Plates, High Clearance Exhaust, Ultimate Lower Skids/Metal Tech Rear Bumper/ICON Ext. Travel Remote Reservoir Front-Rear PiggyBack Reservoir Shocks-Shin Guards/aFe Pro-Guard 7 CAI/Doug Thorley Headers/Garvin Trail Rack/KC Daylighters/BFG AT/KO's 315x70x17 Tires/17 inch Steel Wheels/Magnaflow Exhaust/Man-A-Fre Extended Brake Lines/M-Pac Rear Mount/Power Tank/Manik Taillight Guards & Roof Rack Light Bar/Light Racing Adjustable UCA/Safari Snorkel/SCUBA Mods/Toy Outfitters Rear Upper Control Arms, Rim Stiffeners/URD Short Shifter/Timbren Bumpstops/Baja Rack, + a butt load more mods..
#3 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage

Welcome and Congrats

The 2008 sounds right on, post some pics when you get a chance.

Something is not right about the 2010 TT listing you mentioned. No way that few miles is going for $11.3K. Might have serious damage or something.

The deal you got on the 2008 sound dead on.

TLCA Member

TOTH 2012 | FJ Summit 2013 | Moab
2012 FJ Cruiser | Silver Fresco Metal | AT
#4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 11:41 AM
Forum Master

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage

I don't think you made a mistake what you paid seems about right that repo one is very cheap. It almost sounds like it a a totaled vehicle at that price.

My Build:07 Black Cherry 6MT

You haven’t really failed, because you haven’t really tried to succeed. So don’t credit yourself as a failure. You’re worse than that.
- Take Me Home Tonight

#5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 11:53 AM
"I've got more hair and I'm sexier than Old Cruiser"

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)

Welcome!
#6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 01:57 PM

(Thread Starter)

Thanks everybody! I requested the information to do a CarFax on the vehicle because if it is clean then I think I could flip it myself or sell my new FJC and keep this one. I'm really hoping it has something majorly wrong with it so I can move past it. If it looks too good to be true, it usually is, but until I find out for sure I need to dig deeper.

In other news, I've had fun taking my FJC on some unplowed roads on my friends property and it performed amazingly! Way better than my old liberty. I had some trouble making it up a slope, but after testing out the rear diff and a-trac I was able to make it up. Some friends have busted my balls about it looking gay or how it was a "chick car" but I love it and I think they would have a different opinion if they saw it in action. And this forum is great!
#7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 01:58 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

Welcome to the forum!

2011 TTSE: RIP

2013 TTSE: 2.5" Fox coilovers w/resis, Fox 2.0" 8-Way Adjustable Rear Shocks, 3.5" All-Pro Springs, Demello Sliders, Demello 3-Hoop Bumper, 305/70/16 Goodyear MT/Rs, 16" Raceline Renegade Rims, Expo-One Washer Bottle, Ricochet LCA Skids, Cobra CB, Bandi Mount, Metal Tech Lower Links, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 2 Baja Designs Squadrons

Link to my build: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ome-build.html
#8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 02:14 PM

(Thread Starter)

I just got this reply along with a clean carfax. Two previous owners.

"My name is Michael Horst & I am the Sales Manager of Repossessed Autos. We are selling the 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTSE. This vehicle has been taken over by the bank from people with financial woes who couldn't pay for the loans that he made.The selling price is $11,300. This equals to the remaining debt to the bank plus the repossession costs.
It is a non-smoking adult owner. There is nothing about this vehicle that will disappoint you. As you can see from the pictures it is in excellent condition. It has many extras including automatic transmission, a/c, heated/ventilated seats anti-lock brakes, driver, passenger and side airbags, cruise control, power locks, power windows, power seats, spare is brand new, all manuals are included,2 keys, This truck runs as good as a new one and has no dings, dents, or scratches.
This truck has 18,600 miles and a CLEAN title! The mileage represented on this vehicle is accurate. We proudly stand behind each vehicle we sell, because we accept in our shop ONLY the vehicles that passed our thorough inspection.
This vehicle will move quickly so contact us today!
Please find attached the Carfax Report for this vehicle.
If you need more detail pois don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank-You!

Michael Horst
Sales Manager
michael.horst@repocar4sale.com
www.repocar4sale.com"

Now I'm kicking myself for buying an older fjc with more miles and paying more money! Why didn't i look into these types of places first? This fjc is out in Utah and I'm in NH, so I'd be paying for shipping on a vehicle sight unscene. Seems risky. Still, crazy low price for a fjc like this. Oh well.

Last edited by Jumbo; 02-26-2013 at 02:16 PM.
#9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage

welcome.

if it sounds too good to be true, then buyer beware....

2011 NSSE - Icon coilover - TotalChaos UCA - SAW rear coils - OME 895 rear medium shocks - Metal Tech slider - Metal Tech tube bumper - Viper Elite 10k Winch - PIAA 520 ATP - Midland 75-822 CB - Boztec antenna mount - Duratrac 285/70x17 - Scuba Mod - Ricochet skids - PIAA dual horn 400/500 - sPOD - Ellis Stealth Shift Knobs - MPAC rear/side rack - PLX Kiwi Bluetooth OBDII - Nestah Edition Firestik Radio Antenna - National Luna Single Battery Monitor - Tantrum Rock Lights - Outrider Shock Armor - Toy Outfitter LCA - Switched DRL's - Front rock cameras - Custom Rear Cargo Storage - Platinum PM-1 Battery - Raingler Cargo Nets - 10LB Powertank
#10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 02:45 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

FedEx ships cars, should be about $1k to anywhere in the continental US. I've had it done before... Surely someone on the board could check it out if its in UT!

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Newbie Town > Introductions & New Arrivals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.