Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

New from Florida

2K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  gramon55 
#1 ·
I have been hanging around the forums for a couple of weeks. However, I think I forgot to introduce myself.
I live in Miami, am from Valencia, Spain, grew up in Venezuela, Spain, Colombia, Peru, and the Dominican Republic. Then, I came to college to Columbus, Ohio. I graduated in Engineering and Film from Ohio State UIniversity. Later on, I became a behavior analyst and an expert in child development. I design programs to help special children develop to their maximum potential. I also love karate. My style is Shotokan. I volunteer as a karate teacher off and on.

I have owned about 20 different model cars and driven a few more in almost 40 years. Of all of them, my two favorites have been the Porsche Boxter and the FJ Cruiser. The Boxter is nimble, fast, and responds the instant you think of performing. After I sold it, I never thought I would enjoy another car as much. Being an outdoors person, I bought a Jeep Wrangler. It was fun, but I enjoyed the Porsche more. For outdoors, thew Jeep was excellent, but I had enjoyed two Suzukis I had had before more than the Wrangler. I guess, not having lockers kind of made it not so enjoyable.
Ever since 2007, when I was driving the Jeep, I saw FJ's and always thought they looked great. Yet, it took a few years till I bought an FJ. I was very concerned with the environment and didn't want to contribute to our dependence on Arab oil, so I switched to a Prius. Three years driving a Prius and I could not take the limitations roads give me any more. I say a Voodoo blue 2007 FJ on the dealership and had to have it. After test driving it, there was no way I was going back to the Prius.
Now, I enjoy my FJ everyday.

See less See more
#4 ·
welcome

#6 ·
Welcome and congrats on the FJC... Voodoo is our favorite color. Nice choice!

#8 ·
Welcome aboard!

#12 ·
welcome from fort lauderdale

#19 ·

Attachments

#16 ·
Welcome!

#20 ·
Welcome Aboard!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.