Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

New TT Owner

3K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  Solid E 
#1 ·
Name is Austin, proud new owner of a strong little 2011 Trail Teams Cruiser. Bought it with over 100k on it, and then turned around and fell into a cement drain 2 days later. blew a hole in the tire big enough to fit your fist through, drove it for a month until it rained and it would uncrontrollably jerk the tail left. Turns out the thing was driving on a bent axle (rear passenger was 2.7degrees tilted toward the driver side) for a month, no one caught it until i made someone test drive it in the rain (kept telling me it was probably just old tires). got the rear end replaced and have been in love ever since. Here's some photos of it so far (avid photography lover)

I finally joined after a couple of months of anonymously using this websites previous posts to answer my own questions.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome aboard!
I lurked the site before joining as well. Great info everywhere on here.
Love the all green 2011's.
Good thing to catch the bent axel. Could have been a dangerous situation in the rain! At the least, sending tires to an early grave.

#3 ·
It did send a tire to an early grave. When i had them replace the other tire, i asked them to check, telling them about the impact, said nothing was wrong and that the shocks must of taken it like a champ. This being only 3 days into owning it, i also took it to get state inspected for registration, to which he did a real quick check on everything but it passed. it was 3 weeks later when it started to rain that i noticed the problems, and discovered a 3 week old tire completely bald (BFG AT K/O from new to bald in 3 weeks). thats what tipped me off that something was really bad.

#7 ·
welcome

#8 ·
Welcome, have fun with it.

#9 ·
Welcome from Colorado.

#10 ·
Welcome!

#11 ·
Welcome aboard!

#15 ·
Welcome Austin. Great photos.

#22 ·
Welcome Austin

#24 ·
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking rig.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.