Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Howdy

2K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  1C3Z 
#1 ·
Just wanted to say hello, Ive been lurking about here for a while. I'm a new FJ owner. I just acquired a 2007 Base FJ 4x4 Automatic. I'm in the North Florida area and it will see its share of use in the Osceola National Forest and other offroad areas as I discover them. I'm obsessed with Geocaching and most of my geocaching buddies drive Jeeps. One of the older guys in my group said skip the Jeeps and get a 'Yota. So that's what I did! I've never owned a 4x4 before, so I'm looking to learn about the offroad experience.

I'm having fun just learning things about it right now. I just discovered that the FJammer is a CD Changer, which i didn't realize - I thought it was just a CD Player. I also learned that the lights on the side mirrors come on when you turn on the headlights- there's no switch. I always thought they were turn signals when I looked at them on other FJs.

It's bone stock right now, but imminent plans include:

new/better offroad tires (Currently has Firestone Destinations) Considering Coopers or Hankooks as I've seen recommended here.

Lockers- Thinking air lockers front and rear, but open to other suggestions. Curious about australian Lokkas.

Winch system (planning one of those inside the bumper options- as I don't want a huge winch bumper.)

Better audio system.

Glad to be here! I've already learned a lot from you guys!:grin

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome!

Did you discover that the back window will open too? That's one thing that got a lot of people and some had owned their FJ for quite some time without knowing it opened.

#4 ·
Welcome!

#5 ·
Welcome from Colorado.

#10 ·
Greetings and welcome to the obsession.

Being new to four-wheeling, I'd suggest a go slow perspective. It's easy to get caught up in all of the mods ($$$$). but think about how "you" are going to be using your new (to you) FJ aNd not someone else's "must haves". As you noted, there is a lot of good info in the blue room.. I've always believed in function first. It's never let me down....

Best of luck with your new rig!

:cheers:

#11 ·
Welcome aboard!

#12 ·
Welcome

#13 ·
Thanks for all the warm welcome! I've been driving my FJ for a full two weeks now and love it even more than the day I first drove it.

I feel like such a BAD A$$ in this thing!

I've been getting together some gear for offroading, and have really been enjoying that. Hopefully soon I'll get it out into something other than an expressway!

Jb7710

#14 ·
Welcome aboard from Columbus, Ohio.

#15 ·
Welcome from Tennessee The Eglin reservation is a great place to go & try out your new toy

#17 ·
Jb7710, hello and welcome to the forum! Nice to have you here. Congrats on your purchase, your Cruiser looks great! And with all the mods you've planned it will be even better. You'll find just about anything you might have questions about there. Have fun surfing around!

#20 ·
Figured that out...Titanium Metallic.

I've been playing around with MSPaint and a graphics scheme thanks to the handy profile image from Discount Tire. Tell me what you think of this.

Attachments

#26 ·
Welcome

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.