Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Move along. Nothing to see here.

2K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  dirtboy54 
#1 · (Edited)
I've wanted one for years and was finally in the position to buy one. I came across an '07 with really low miles so I took it home. It has the Upgrade 2 package, a decent set of sliders, and the TRD exhaust so I'm pretty happy with it as a starting point.

I've lurked here on the forum enough over the last year to have a good idea of whats going to happen to it. It'll get the "standard" 3" lift/285 combo, so that's nothing new. Toytec is back ordered with the 3" Bilstein coilover kits right now, so I may just bump up to the Ultimate. (I had the 5100's on my Tacoma Double Cab and liked it a lot) I'm hoping to black out the silver this weekend, and shoot the roof black by the end of summer. I have a set of 16" Method Standards, but like the look of 17's just a bit more, so the stockers might stay for now. I'm hoping to get a bit more active in local trail rides again. It's been quite a while since I had a fun 4x4 to play in, so I'm a little excited for that. Time will tell.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome aboard!

#5 ·
Welcome!

#9 ·
Welcome from Colorado.

#20 ·
Welcome from Tennessee. Enjoy your new toy!

#21 ·
welcome... voodoo is our favorite color

#22 ·
Tires are just BFG AT/T's.

I'll probably just Plasti-dip for the moment, and when I have more time, swap out for genuine "blacked out" parts. Plasti-dip is the best thing to hit the automotive market in a while. Gives people the ability to try things out before taking a serious financial hit and realizing they don't like it.

#23 ·
Well I've had it for a week as of today, and it's coming along pretty well. Managed to find some time to shoot the front grill black, and tossed on a Toytec 3" kit with the 5100 Bilsteins the other day. My girlfriend is always kind to dumb animals, so she helped me put on a black hood decal today as well. I try not to sucker her into too many of my projects but she was game. 285/75/16 Duratracs got ordered the other day and I'll be putting them on a set of Method Standards. Hopefully that gets done by next weekend so things look a bit more proportional.

I love the thing so far. I'd always owned Tacomas, but as I mentioned, was in a position to try out an FJ, so I'm really enjoying it so far. Hopefully meet a few other people here in Wisconsin and the midwest and get out on a few trail rides and events.

The pic is from just after the install and without the hood decal. IMO those hood decals really make them look just a little bit cooler. (and functional)

Hope everyone had a good weekend doing their own thing with their FJ's.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.