Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Newbie in New Mexico - Hello & Thank You

3K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  ateamnm 
#1 · (Edited)
I have been lurking here for some time. My goal was to find a white or silver or desert tan 2010 with @ 100,000 miles. I lucked into one over the weekend. I don't have a list on the details yet but 3 inch lift, my mechanic said it had great upgrade suspension and well sorted out. Warn winch, front and rear bumpers and a nice stereo. I have always dreamed of a real sport or SUV 4 wheel drive vehicle that is dependable, comfortable and a real 4 wheel drive that is not a H3 or a Jeep. I previously owned a Highlander that was worry free, awesome car and I will regret it's departure but it was only 2 wheel drive. I live at 7000 feet + and snow is a significant issue on local mountain roads. I always want to know or ask this question, what did you pay for it? $21,500 and 110,000 miles, needs tires and a TPMS.

I am pleased to announce my baby, I believe I have named it my Tonka Truck? I am in love.

I look forward to livin' and learnin' with my new friends here. Thank you - AteamNM

:cheers:

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome!

#7 ·
Welcome aboard!

#8 · (Edited)
Woo Woo!

I am a happy camper owning this Tonka Truck. I love it. I compete in 3 gun competitions and enjoy range time with my buddies in the mountains & deserts of NM. I ride motorcycles and love to camp in remote spots. I go out in my garage and just look, drool and admire my FJ. My other awesome forum is adrider.com Is For Sale, we share a common thread in enjoying the outdoors and pride in your ride. Thanks for the cordial welcomes, I so appreciate the power of the inter-weeeebs and forums/friends such as this. The FJ is officially mine, ordering Pure exo nerf - running bars next. I will photo bomb later.

Thank you again allowing me into your campfire.

My dog and I use all modes of transportation to explore and camp.

AteamNM

#11 ·
Welcome

#12 ·
Oh I just love my gas guzzling FJ. First tank was 17.5, second tank was 14.5 on regular unleaded. I will run one more tank of unleaded and then the next tank will be mid range unleaded. I will try two tanks on mid range and then do same with super unleaded. We shall see. My 1996 F-250 Power Stroke 7.3 liter diesel gets 18 to 20 mph, 4 wheel drive and 4 door. Oh well.

I am FJ bitten, my Pure sliders are now powder coated and I can pick them up tomorrow, $265 bucks for both, I got a good deal. I have a aftermarket antennae installed, floor mats waiting at the post office, upgraded LED head lights and interior LED light kit, shackles for my Demello bumpers and a shackle for the Warn winch. A few other farkles and soon to order a SPRINT BOOSTER to pull out the factory power curves. However I do enjoy my FJ, a vehicle that was designed for me and my dog.

I want a Baja drop in basket, but I must resist. Oh and the clearance into my garage with a 3 inch lift leaves inches to spare. I will not be adding anything to the top of the FJ and driving onto my garage. Repeat.

#13 ·
Welcome from the Rocky Mountains of Colorado! I can related with the altitude and snow. I live at 8.5K!
Nice looking rig... I'm partial to sun fusion yellow, but just replace my '08 with a concrete '13

Reactions: ateamnm
#16 ·
Welcome from a former New Mexican! ;) You are going to the new rig for many years! :cheers:

#17 ·
Oh I just love my gas guzzling FJ. First tank was 17.5, second tank was 14.5 on regular unleaded. I will run one more tank of unleaded and then the next tank will be mid range unleaded. I will try two tanks on mid range and then do same with super unleaded. We shall see. My 1996 F-250 Power Stroke 7.3 liter diesel gets 18 to 20 mph, 4 wheel drive and 4 door. Oh well.

I am FJ bitten, my Pure sliders are now powder coated and I can pick them up tomorrow, $265 bucks for both, I got a good deal. I have a aftermarket antennae installed, floor mats waiting at the post office, upgraded LED head lights and interior light kit, shackles for my Demello bumpers and a shackle for the Warn winch. A few other farkles and soon to order a SPRINT BOOSTER to pull out the factory power curves. However I do enjoy my FJ, a vehicle that was designed for me and my dog.

I want a Baja drop in basket, but I must resist. Oh and the clearance into my garage with a 3 inch lift leaves inches to spare. I will not be adding anything to the top of the FJ and driving onto my garage. Repeat.

#20 ·
Looking good so far! ;)

#21 ·
Welcome from the Rockies in CO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 ·
Glamour shots taken on a recent road trip from Albuquerque to NE Kentucky. Former workers bridge to cross the rail yards in Raceland Kentucky to access the Car Shops, where they built and repaired coal cars. Now a ghost of an industry that once provided a job and a life in rural NE Kentucky. I grew up with many kids who's fathers worked here, when steel was made in the USA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.