Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1st weekend with the FJ

2K views 23 replies 22 participants last post by  Canuck13TT 
#1 ·
Purchased last Thursday... drove from OKC to Shreveport to pick it up. 2014 Magma 4wd with only 20k on the odometer, very clean one-owner CPO truck.

Enjoyed my ~6hr drive home the same day. Of course I had to stop on the road at some point just to grab a quick pic.

Friday, I had to make a quick pit stop in the car wash to blast off all the bug guts from the previous day's drive. Soooo, first of many baths to come.

Saturday saw a quick road trip down to Mt. Scott to take the kiddos hiking. I had to find a dirt road to at least get the tires "dirty" on the very first weekend. Okay, I got the tires "dusty"... I'll work my way up to "dirty" and slowly graduate to "muddyashell".

AND the first weekend with the FJ wouldn't be complete without a modification... soooooo, we don't need no steenking baahdguhs.

Overall, fairly successful first weekend I would say. :grin

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome!

#11 ·
He removed his badges.

Congrats on the new addition to your family!

#9 ·
After my first drive home with the FJ, about 700 miles through the fruit growing region, I realized that the tendency to collect bugs was not going away and the first thing I bought for the FJ was a window cleaning squeegee to throw in the back. That is in spite of living in a country where all the gas stations are still full service and will clean your windshields while they fill your tank (You should have seen me try to pump my own gas for the first time in almost 20 years while on vacation in the States).

The FJ needs it's windows cleaned more often than it needs gas.

#12 ·
great looking fjc... Welcome

#13 ·
Welcome aboard!

#15 ·
Welcome from Georgia!

#17 ·
Congrats on the new truck! The only thing that's confusing is that your truck has the 2007-2009 wheels on it, where it's obviously (because of the color) a 2013+ truck.

I'm not normally a fan of brighter colors, but a blacked out Trail-Teams-looking Magma would have to be my second favorite color for our trucks. Ignore the 20's / side steps on this truck, but you get the idea:

Enjoy the new truck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.