Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

50" LED bar and Fog lights

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  rudee 
#1 ·
so i installed ARB bumper and Baja Rack All Flat Utility Rack with SPY Light System. my plan was to have a 50" LED light bar and fog lighted installed afterward. but i just realized that it is illegal to use them in streets. my main purpose was to have them for looks ( im sure im not the only one :wink) but i dont know if its worth to spend 1000-1500$ if they would only be turn on once every 6 months. since i dont off road at night.

#2 ·
... since i dont off road at night.
You don't "plan to" off road at night? You never know you might end up using them to escape the zombie Apocalypse, $1000 - $1500 seems a little steep but if you put lights on your roof you will find a reason to use them, trust me ... I have 4 LightForce 170 Strykers on my roof and I use them when ever I can.

#3 ·
Yeah good thing you didn't, because it only fits a 40" and under size bar. The rack is 51" wide. "Compatible with Baja Designs 40” Stealth, Rigid Industries 40” E-Series, and, with a bar support (please call to order this item separately), Vision X 35" XMITTER low profile LED bars."

Just buy a $100-$300 bar off of eBay if you don't "plan" on using it that much. For example... 40 inch 240 w Flood Spot Combo Off Road CREE LED Light Bar w 2 yr Warranty Wire | eBay

Good Luck!

#6 ·
The 40" will fit between the factory roof rack rails with a little grinding on the light bar mounting faces. Thats where i mounted mine both the old one and the new curved one thats on there now. Just drill a hole centerline of the rack rail and run the bolt through into the light bars threads. You will have to get longer bolts. I used allen heads on mine. Im pretty positive they are metric M6 x 55

Look at my Avatar to see what im referring too.

#9 ·
I bought a 42 inch bar on ebay for $84 and i use it a lot. Works perfectly! I wouldnt spend $1500 on an LED bar as bright as the sun.. well.. then again maybe I would - thatd be pretty cool

#12 ·
Any condensation in the lights? I know to only been about a week but I'm looking to get a LED bar over the winter and don't want to spend $700 on one

#15 ·
most of the lower cost led light bars usually can use some type of rtv sealant to help avoid condensation. Most folks go ahead and seal them up tight before installation since this is an area that typically separates ebays from higher end/price lights. cant hurt and is cheap mod to improve a budget based light bar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.