12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Cheap rooftop LED light bar better than stock lights?

Actually, I installed the lights and airdam myself, but I never use the lights because I'd have to stop and take off the covers for the 99.9% of my driving were I don't plan on using the lights in advance. So I was thinking about installing a cheap LED light bar - random $80 one I found on Amazon below as an example. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go out to Rigid's site and start clicking but I don't have the $$$. And I wish I hadn't just seen their new Dually Side Shooters.

I'm interested in anyone's thoughts on slapping on an inexpensive LED lightbar. I'd consider leaving the airdam and round lights on if I found an appropriate bracket and it doesn't look like a garage sale. Thx.

EasyNew® 52" Inch 300W IP68 Waterproof Curved Led Light Bar Truck Light Bar Off Road Led Light Bar with Free Wiring Harness,3 Years Warranty

Edit: I should have included this link for a bracket that looks like I could use with the airdam after a little cutting: Auxmart 52" Light Bar Mount Mounting Brackets for 2007-2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Cheap rooftop LED light bar better than stock lights?-img_9715.jpg
bnsfham likes this.

2007 VooDoo Blue w/104K miles bought in 2014
6 spd man. 4x4 | Conv. Package | Upgrade Package 1 & 2

Mods
LifeTime LED headlights 3rd Gen. | 6" SR2 RI LED & D2 x 2 | OEM Air Dam w/Hella lights & FJ Covers | Kenwood DPX500BT | LED interior/license plate lights | TapTurn | Headrest grab handles | Inside rear hatch release | Remote rear window release | N-Fab Wheel to Wheel Nerf-Step | 285/70/17 DuraTracs | Hi-Lift Jack Mount | Tuffy Security Console | Rear Door Folding MOLLE Rack

Last edited by PNutts; 03-11-2017 at 03:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 04:51 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
PNutts previously said: View Post
Actually, I installed the lights and airdam myself, but I never use the lights because I'd have to stop and take off the covers for the 99.9% of my driving were I don't plan on using the lights in advance. So I was thinking about installing a cheap LED light bar - random $80 one I found on Amazon below as an example. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go out to Rigid's site and start clicking but I don't have the $$$. And I wish I hadn't just seen their new Dually Side Shooters.

I'm interested in anyone's thoughts on slapping on an inexpensive LED lightbar. I'd consider leaving the airdam and round lights on if I found an appropriate bracket and it doesn't look like a garage sale. Thx.

EasyNew® 52" Inch 300W IP68 Waterproof Curved Led Light Bar Truck Light Bar Off Road Led Light Bar with Free Wiring Harness,3 Years Warranty

Edit: I should have included this link for a bracket that looks like I could use with the airdam after a little cutting: Auxmart 52" Light Bar Mount Mounting Brackets for 2007-2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser

[iurl="http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=847889&d=1489270536"]Cheap rooftop LED light bar better than stock lights?-img_9715.jpg[/iurl]
I have a cheap eBay light bar that's been working for the past 3 years. No issues with it yet. Does it's work of lighting the path.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Re: Cheap rooftop LED light bar better than stock lights?

I bought one for 35$ (yes, 35$) that is fantastic. 6D Cree's. They are cheap! IMHO, nowadays Rigid Ind's are not worth it unless you're a big supporter of US only. It works great! PM me if you want the seller. It's built very well (i took it apart before I put it on to see if I needed to seal anything. I didn't. All screws were tight and all seals were waterproof.)

2007 6spd MT Voodoo Blue
Subwoofer, Roof rack, rear locker
Stock suspension
265/70/17 General Grabber AT2
OEM Rock Rails
LED Everything
Bumper Stealth Bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 08:47 PM

PNutts likes this.

2007 6spd MT Voodoo Blue
Stock suspension
OEM Rock Rails
LED Everything
Bumper Stealth Bar
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Boums previously said: View Post
Nice! It took me a moment to find it. I like the custom bumper mine had when I bought it, but it caused me some head scratching figuring out what I do with it. I have a small light bar where the winch would be and the small ones on either side.

I pulled the trigger and bought the light and mounts I posted earlier. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to show next weekend!

Cheap rooftop LED light bar better than stock lights?-img_8952.jpg
Boums likes this.

2007 VooDoo Blue w/104K miles bought in 2014
6 spd man. 4x4 | Conv. Package | Upgrade Package 1 & 2

Mods
LifeTime LED headlights 3rd Gen. | 6" SR2 RI LED & D2 x 2 | OEM Air Dam w/Hella lights & FJ Covers | Kenwood DPX500BT | LED interior/license plate lights | TapTurn | Headrest grab handles | Inside rear hatch release | Remote rear window release | N-Fab Wheel to Wheel Nerf-Step | 285/70/17 DuraTracs | Hi-Lift Jack Mount | Tuffy Security Console | Rear Door Folding MOLLE Rack
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
PNutts previously said: View Post
Nice! It took me a moment to find it. I like the custom bumper mine had when I bought it, but it caused me some head scratching figuring out what I do with it. I have a small light bar where the winch would be and the small ones on either side.

I pulled the trigger and bought the light and mounts I posted earlier. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to show next weekend!

Attachment 848465

Damn, I love that bumper. It's definitely unique. Do you have more pics of your FJ?

2007 6spd MT Voodoo Blue
Stock suspension
OEM Rock Rails
LED Everything
Bumper Stealth Bar
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 07:15 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Garage

I got a 40 inch light bar off amazon ( $100 ) about 3 years ago and its still works great. Way way brighter than any headlight
PNutts and Irving Zisman like this.

Steve 07 FJ with almost enough mods
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 08:34 PM
Banned

Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Don't call it cheap. Call it a custom light bar. Sounds sexier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 09:50 AM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)

We have reasonably priced, high quality options if you are looking for something with exceptional performance. Resz Fabrication also makes FJ specific mounting options.

Here's an output shot:

Thanks!
Nick C.

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Supporting Member

Name:  lights.JPG
Views: 123
Size:  65.8 KB

If you want to keep air dam, you can do like I did & just replace lights with the small LEDs. Cost about 70 bucks for pair & used same wiring.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical > Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.