Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Toyota Maintenance Plan 2 Year Extension

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  rjn310 
#1 ·
Hey guys I have a 2012 and she has about 23k now. My 2 year 25k Toyota care maintenance will expire. My local dealer has offered a 2 year or 45k extension for around $300/$320. What do you think is it worth it?

#2 ·
if you want to get oil changes at the dealer then get it.

is it worth it... i think you pay the same price if you just do it without paying up front.

remember, they will only give you an oil change every 10k.

#3 ·
Is anything else included in this service? Just oil changes? If its every 10k then you are paying $300-$320 for 4 oil changes, so $75-$80 per oil change. To me thats not worth it. I doubt the dealer uses Mobil 1 or any decent quality oil or even changes the filter each time so I rather go to Walmart or any auto part store and change the oil and filter myself for a lot cheaper than $75.
If they also changed your transmission and other fluids as part of the service then it might be worth it.

#4 ·
The dealer will likely use the Toyota brand synthetic oil that comes standard now in their Tundra/Taco/FJ/4runner engines since 2011 or 2012 I believe. Not bad stuff, not worth $80 though. :frown

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.