Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

The "Green box on wheels" 2010 AG 6MT build

108K views 316 replies 63 participants last post by  Ivan70 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, there it is, The Green Box on wheels. After a little over a year of modding, quiet a few mistakes and bad decisions i finally got in the right path... at least i think i did :)

Unfortunately no images of stock model, except crappy one, at night, but you all know how it looks like :lol: I bought very basic model, no hatch, no rails, no alarm.. well, with upgr pckg2.

This is what i have installed so far:

Pro Comp 8089 17x8 wheels
Nitto Terra Grappler tires - Removed
---Aries Nefr Bars - Removed
OEM Trailer hitch
Hella Rallye 1000 Black Magic with OEM switch and harness
VIP RS3200 Security with GB Sensor
TRD knobs
Led Dome lights
Husky Liners front and back.
Aeroflow Headlight Covers.
OEM rock rails
Locking fuel door
Ricochet Front bash plate, engine, transmission, transfer case, cross bar, gas tank skinds.
Secondary high pitch horn.
TRD Quick shifter.
Scuba mod.
TRD Exhaust.
Full CB radio install
Weathertech windows visors
Ricochet wind deflector for OEM rack
Front - Bilstein HD shocks with 3/4" lift Toytec spacers. - Removed
Rear - Bilstein HD shocks with stock TT coils (red :)) - Removed
Black out bumpers and bezel (PlastiDip)
TT Mirrors.
Tundra door handles.
ScanGauge2
TRD air filter Removed
Radflo Front coil-overs
Icon rear shocks
Cornfed - rear spacers Removed
33 x 12.5 x 17 Mikey Thompson radial ATZ`s on stock rims powdercoated
Spydertrax 1.25" spacers
Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/70/17 on Fuel Hostage rims 17x9, 4.5BS -12mm gone
AFe Cold Air Intake
Road Armor Stealth bumper
PIAA 4" Ion fog lights
Warn HID 8" lights
Bushwakers
Safary Snorkel
ToyOutfitters lower rear links
ToyOutfitters rear upper links
All Pro 3.5 rear coils
All Pro Apex sliders
Gusseted spindles
Custom LR Adjustable UCA`s - DAPURAK style :)
Mikey Thompson Classic III wheels, customizes by OMF Performance
35x12 Mikey Thompson Baja MTZ tires
Expedition1 Bumper with swingout
Superwinch TigerShark with synthetic line

As it stands now:

Some images of the progress:

3 days old...

I will be updating it as i receive parts and install them :)

:cheers:

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: 2010 AG 6MT - work in progress.

Sharp truck Ivan.... Ask Dapurak about the step assists. Whatever you put on there has to be removable in order to even do greens at Rausch(safely). I tossed around all the "what ifs" and it always came back to Trail Gear sliders. Good slider...Great step...Best price. Oh hey they have clear covers for your 500FF's...check ebay around $12 each I think. I love mine.

But that is a sharp truck. Love the wheels. Hope we get to meet this summer sometime.

#5 ·

Thanks guys :cheers:

@NBFJCruz - I am meeting up with Joe tomorrow, picking up an installing OEM rock sliders. Then i have an idea how to utilize Aries nerfbars and make them come off easy. Not sure if that will work out, i need to take a close look at step assist mounts on OEM rails.

I will post more pics tomorrow :)

#6 ·

Thanks guys :cheers:

@NBFJCruz - I am meeting up with Joe tomorrow, picking up an installing OEM rock sliders. Then i have an idea how to utilize Aries nerfbars and make them come off easy. Not sure if that will work out, i need to take a close look at step assist mounts on OEM rails.

I will post more pics tomorrow :)
Like i said on our home forum.. i've done this mod :bigthumb: it ain't photoshop :lol:

#8 ·

Good looking FJ!

#10 ·

Thank you all for positive feedback! :cheers:

Ricochet skids arrived today and locking fuel door here as well. Something fun to do this weekend :clap:

Once that is in place...TRD exhaust is next :bandit:

#11 ·

Installed fuel door.. Couldn`t stay away, started at 11:30pm, was done at 12:30am.. Yeah, flash light is my friend :)

The way fuel door mounts is not that good. I followed Joe`s steps and replaced all the fake bolts with real ones (stainless steel) - Thank You home depot. Also, Drilled additional hole, because as is door was unstable and felt lose. Now it`s rock solid. Recently i received 2 stickers for being supporting member... one will go on the bumper.. the other, well, i stole FJ letters from it :cheers: Thanks blue room!

#18 ·

Installed TRD Quick shifter. I have to tell you, for 6MT it`s a MUST. If you don`t have one, you are missing out!

Also, installed scuba mod, thanks to Joeisip :cheers: Apparently 2010 models need scuba for e-locker and rear differential. Transmission did not need scuba, already there :bigthumb:

#19 ·

Installed TRD Quick shifter. I have to tell you, for 6MT it`s a MUST. If you don`t have one, you are missing out!

Also, installed scuba mod, thanks to Joeisip :cheers: Apparently 2010 models need scuba for e-locker and rear differential. Transmission did not need scuba, already there :bigthumb:
front transmission and Transfercase is High.. but not high enough :lol:
you can still add couple more inches up.

Hey D' You wanna infect Jovinator with MOD Bug??? :lol:

Hey Jovi, if you need help with your Mods. Contact Ivan70 or me.
we got you covered brother :rocker:

#21 ·

Nice start, keep up the work. Cant wait to see it as it progesses.

#22 ·

Nice start, keep up the work. Cant wait to see it as it progesses.
Thanks Project X! I am waiting for TRD CAI to be released for 2010.. then i`ll pull the trigger for that and exhaust
:cheers:

#27 ·

Sweet!

#29 ·

Thanks for your comments guys :cheers:

@BCutshall Exhaust sounded a little deeper then stock when it was just installed... but few hundred miles later it did cleared its throat and now it sounds awesome :bigthumb:

#32 ·

I think you should add Blackout to your list of mods. I think the AG looks the best with the blackout.
Ok Picasso :lol::cheers: i am actually planning to blackout bumpers and white out grill. Still on the fence about the mirrors. What do you think...blackout or AG? :)

#33 ·

I say blackout personally. I really like how it looks on the AGs. If the AGs had been out when I got mine I would have defiantly got that color instead of the Ti. And I think you should do the mirrors also. It took me about a month to blackout my mirrors from when I finished my bumpers and I thought the FJ just looked funny with everything blackedout but the mirrors. Then I did the mirrors and it pulled everything together...And they aren't that hard to take off, they are just a PIA to mask well.

#34 ·

I say blackout personally. I really like how it looks on the AGs. If the AGs had been out when I got mine I would have defiantly got that color instead of the Ti. And I think you should do the mirrors also. It took me about a month to blackout my mirrors from when I finished my bumpers and I thought the FJ just looked funny with everything blackedout but the mirrors. Then I did the mirrors and it pulled everything together...And they aren't that hard to take off, they are just a PIA to mask well.
Hmmm...something to think about...definitely. I wish i had a garage, i would have done it a while ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.