Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

My build up: (insert clever name here)

13K views 59 replies 21 participants last post by  ShtLuck 
#1 · (Edited)
Well i am finally going to start a build thread now.
Its been a rough start.
My original plan was build the 07' Black Cherry I bought in august but after finding an amazing amount of rust on the frame I got discouraged.
However about 4 hours ago I found some new motivation....
started with this:

and after a long night at the dealership tonight I ended up with this:

so I will now start building. This will get very intense by the end of the week when my tax return comes back.:rocker:

I have some Bent Up Fab sliders I got a killer deal on from a local but they are way overkill for the type of wheeling i am gonna do so They are for sale currently. I may swap the stock sliders for some metal tech sliders.
plans:
metal tech winch bumper
Stock sliders for now
red eye rear bumper
Skyjacker coilover kit
255/85r15
full ricochet skids, aluminum version

See less See more
#4 ·
well i scored a deal on a lift tonight. Found it on craigslist local.
skyjacker coilover kit, with softride coils and nitro shocks. needs cleaned up but for 300 bucks its a steal.

i will probably order my tires and stuff this week to get the build going full speed.

#8 ·
Thanks for the sliders again! Great start on the build, waiting to see how it all comes along:cheers:

#10 ·
Great start on your build!

#12 ·
tires are here...:rocker:
i still need to get the suspension on. Not sure about putting the coilovers on in the driveway, it would be much easier with a lift so i will see if i can get access to one or some help to get this thing together. Its still too cold out to be outside for very long in the evenings.

#19 ·
ok so the first shop(ntb) started the alignment and then refused to continue because " the camber eccentric bolts were too tight and they didnt want to break a wrench."
Then i went to dealership, they did an alignment but told me they couldnt make the two sides the same. the driver side was no problem but the passenger side wouldnt come into spec. Of course they blamed the lift kit, so they agreed to make it as right as they could...
here are my results:

#23 ·
I hacked the he'll out of the mounts tOnight.... It started to rain so I will have to finish tomorrow. They need cleaned up and painted yet. I might have gotten overzealous with the cutting but I can always add metal I guess. I will post pics for the experts tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.